Make America Prey Again

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Make America Prey Again

Post by stevenjb »

a bible salesman

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Make America Prey Again

Post by John Bingham »

Asked for a favorite Bible verse in 2015, Trump said: "I wouldn't want to get into it because to me that's very personal. You know, when I talk about the Bible, it's very personal, so I don't want to get into verses. … The Bible means a lot to me, but I don't want to get into specifics.”

A year later, Trump indicated a favorite Bible verse of his involved the concept of “an eye for an eye,” saying the U.S. has “to be firm” and “very strong” in the face of “what’s happening to our country.”

Notably, the phrase is rooted in Old Testament passages related to justice, while Jesus Christ in the New Testament contrasts the concept with a command to turn the other cheek when struck.
https://www.usnews.com/news/national-ne ... -good-book

:ROFL:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Stravaiger
Expatriate

Post by Stravaiger »

Either way he's happy getting the attention.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Lol, he's going after the Christian fundamentalist dollars, I suppose they're an easy target so why not?

This story makes me think of today's thread about Saudi Arabia being picked to lead the women's rights forum.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Random Dude wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:22 pm Lol, he's going after the Christian fundamentalist dollars, I suppose they're an easy target so why not?
Not all of them, many are very unhappy about this blasphemous behavior.

Trump selling copies of the Bible "during Holy Week like it's just one more overpriced Trump shoe or steak has really touched a nerve among voters—we've heard from many upset Faithful America members since his video appeared," the Rev. Nathan Empsall, executive director of Faithful America, told Newsweek via email.

"Seeing the indicted, would-be dictator, sell so-called 'patriotic' Bibles does provide a parallel to Holy Week, but it's not with Jesus," Empsall added.

"Trump is doing his best impression of the corrupt moneychangers who profited by ripping off worshippers. Today, much like Jesus overturning the moneychangers' tables, Christians are sick of seeing MAGA's false prophets twist our loving faith for an agenda of hatred and selfishness. The Bible is bigger than any politician, and if Trump really wants to talk about Scripture, I suggest he try actually reading it first. He might actually learn a few things about love, humility, money, and peace."

Others took to social media to express their anger.

"Trump Bibles. This guy and his followers who excuse this crap p*** me off. He has completely trashed our political party & now he's trying to ruin our faith community for his own ends," Heath Mayo, a conservative lawyer, wrote on X, formerly Twitter.

Another person wrote: "Total blasphemy. No true Christian would support a heathenistic huckster like Trump, who is mocking their religion."

Another wrote: "He is promoting the sale of trump bibles during our most holy week of worship. This is beyond blasphemous and disrespectful to Christians and I'm really p***** off."

Asked for comment about the backlash, Trump spokesperson Steven Cheung told Newsweek: "These are Never Trump idiots suffering from a severe case of Trump Derangement Syndrome."

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-s ... ry-1883972
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:07 pm
Random Dude wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:22 pm Lol, he's going after the Christian fundamentalist dollars, I suppose they're an easy target so why not?
Not all of them, many are very unhappy about this blasphemous behavior.

Trump selling copies of the Bible "during Holy Week like it's just one more overpriced Trump shoe or steak has really touched a nerve among voters—we've heard from many upset Faithful America members since his video appeared," the Rev. Nathan Empsall, executive director of Faithful America, told Newsweek via email.

"Seeing the indicted, would-be dictator, sell so-called 'patriotic' Bibles does provide a parallel to Holy Week, but it's not with Jesus," Empsall added.

"Trump is doing his best impression of the corrupt moneychangers who profited by ripping off worshippers. Today, much like Jesus overturning the moneychangers' tables, Christians are sick of seeing MAGA's false prophets twist our loving faith for an agenda of hatred and selfishness. The Bible is bigger than any politician, and if Trump really wants to talk about Scripture, I suggest he try actually reading it first. He might actually learn a few things about love, humility, money, and peace."

Others took to social media to express their anger.

"Trump Bibles. This guy and his followers who excuse this crap p*** me off. He has completely trashed our political party & now he's trying to ruin our faith community for his own ends," Heath Mayo, a conservative lawyer, wrote on X, formerly Twitter.

Another person wrote: "Total blasphemy. No true Christian would support a heathenistic huckster like Trump, who is mocking their religion."

Another wrote: "He is promoting the sale of trump bibles during our most holy week of worship. This is beyond blasphemous and disrespectful to Christians and I'm really p***** off."

Asked for comment about the backlash, Trump spokesperson Steven Cheung told Newsweek: "These are Never Trump idiots suffering from a severe case of Trump Derangement Syndrome."

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-s ... ry-1883972
True, many of them - maybe even most - are honest, decent people, just a bit straight- laced. I should have said the fundamentalist nutters.
Roryborealis
Expatriate

Post by Roryborealis »

stevenjb wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm a bible salesman

Don the Revelator

stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

Enjoy the Silence -Depeche Mode
Last edited by stevenjb on Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Art
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Art »

stevenjb wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm a bible salesman

A sick fuck scared shitless he will spend the rest of his miserable life in an orange jumpsuit in a prison cell somewhere.
8)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

If you ever needed positive proof that God does not exist, this is it. If God existed that bible would burst into flames in his hands.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic