Cambodian Police respond to South African DJ's claims of assault, corruption

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: Cambodian Police respond to South African DJ's claims of assault, corruption

Post by Bongmab69 »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:56 pm
Bluenose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:22 pm Is his surname pronounced "Twat"? If not, it should be.
It probably is.
His name is pronounced "TWA", means "roof" in french, he looks french also by the way, probably son from french immigrants !!
HaifongWangchuck
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cambodian Police respond to South African DJ's claims of assault, corruption

Post by HaifongWangchuck »

Bongmab69 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:48 pm
Kammekor wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:56 pm
Bluenose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:22 pm Is his surname pronounced "Twat"? If not, it should be.
It probably is.
His name is pronounced "TWA", means "roof" in french, he looks french also by the way, probably son from french immigrants !!
The Afrikaners of South Africa have a large admixture of French ancestry, since it was the choice of many French Protestants/Huguenots escaping religious persecution in continental Europe, so French-origin names like Du Plessis, Cronje, Klerk, De Villiers, etc. Are exceedingly common and in many cases, very old (i.e, some are not even common in France anymore).

I.e, he's just a run-of-the-mill Afrikaner.
simon43
Expatriate
Laos

Post by simon43 »

Lost50 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:06 pm I can never forgive such poor writing skills.

Hope he's not 'teaching' when not spinning de tunez.
I have to admit (as a left-handed teacher), that my writing is appalling. I blame my mother because the first time I picked up a pen/pencil when a few years old, I picked it up using my left hand and my parents assumed that I was left-handed and therefore forced me (despite my protestations) to write with my left hand (cue smudged ink and years of curling my hand over the top of the words that I was writing so I end up writing like a total dork).

Well, that's my excuse :!

PS - I was also a pirate radio DJ and ride motorbikes since 14 years old, but I can vouch to never riding drunk and not being a South African....
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Deported 20th March.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 am Deported 20th March.
Pretty, handwritten, apology letters clearly don’t have the same gravitas that they used to.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

silly little sausage
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic