The Man Friday soliloquies.

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Re: The Man Friday soliloquies.

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

This is so interesting to me how this band ... DEVO ... really saw the future and based their whole identity and reason to exist around trying to clue up anyone who would listen to what was going on in society and media and culture. I took a lot crap for being a big DEVOtee back in the late 1970s ... the band was closely associated in skateboarder culture. A lot of guys, mostly pool/vert skaters loved the song "Uncomtrolable Urge" to skate to. Seemed to match well with the "go for it" mindset of vert skaters back then. Anyhow, thought some of you might enjoy the backstory of this one-of-a-kind band.

Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Here comes the "Robot Wars"

Chilling rise of Chinese humanoid robots with calls for one in EVERY home & workforce to be replaced with droid army

pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Re : DEVO
I watched that , and at one point he kept saying May 4th this and May 4th that ..
i was surprised they didn’t mention another word starting with a Z
then I remembered that’s the day before may 5th and the day that CEO was born

general-chatter/how-did-you-celebrate-m ... 54803.html

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America
Re: How did you celebrate May the 4th or Cinco de Mayo?
4 Report Quote
Post by General Mackevili » Fri May 05, 2023 12:00 pm
And here I was thinking of May 4, 2014, when we started Cambodia Expats Online. 9 years old today! :beer3:
Roryborealis
Expatriate

Post by Roryborealis »

pissontheroof wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:08 pm Re : DEVO
I watched that , and at one point he kept saying May 4th this and May 4th that ..
i was surprised they didn’t mention another word starting with a Z
then I remembered that’s the day before may 5th and the day that CEO was born

general-chatter/how-did-you-celebrate-m ... 54803.html

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America
Re: How did you celebrate May the 4th or Cinco de Mayo?
4 Report Quote
Post by General Mackevili » Fri May 05, 2023 12:00 pm
And here I was thinking of May 4, 2014, when we started Cambodia Expats Online. 9 years old today! :beer3:
May 4, 1970, was the date of the Kent State Massacre.

Members of Devo were students there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings

Anyone familiar with your YouTube oeuvre and special animus can see what point you were trying to make.

Don't worry, you can find a reason to hate without making up facts.

Kent State students were murdered in cold blood by the Ohio National Guard for protesting the war expanding into Cambodia. He was honoring the dead.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

I have spent a lot of time in and around Hollywood and other parts of LA metro region down to Rosarito. Some of my high school class mates (NoCal people) moved to LA for work ... they became The Califonians ... so hilarious, but unfortunately true dat.

#chuckles

Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

American teenagers parody

Art imitates life.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

To butt-blast ... or not to butt-blast?

Americans Keep Buying Bidets, and They're 'Never Going Back'

Bathroom contraption became increasingly popular in US during pandemic, and it seems to be sticking

by Jenn Gidman, Newser Staff
March 30, 2024

Americans are increasingly coming around to the bidet. (Getty Images / Rattankun Thongbun)

Four years ago this month, as the pandemic kicked into high gear, most of us were scrambling to track down homemade face masks and scrounging for toilet paper. Thanks to the latter annoyance, many Americans started flocking to buy what's long been standard in other nations worldwide: the bidet, a contraption typically either attached to one's toilet or sitting alongside it, so that users can spray their nether regions with fresh water after doing their business. CNN notes, however, that although sales of other products that became popular during the pandemic have since "[come] back down to earth," bidets are still enjoying a US boom.

The numbers: Per BidetKing.com, US bidet sales have grown at least 20% each year since the pandemic started; last year, that figure hovered closer to 30%. The site notes that it sold out of every one of its units at one point during the pandemic.

'A bidet for every bum': CNN lays out the range of bidets available under that header, from a simple $50 attachment that sprays only cold water, all the way up to more luxurious units that allow for water pressure and temperature adjustments. A "washlet" model on BidetKing, for example, features a heated seat and wireless remote control and sells for just over $1,400.

Origins: CNN notes the bidet comes out of France, where aristocrats would keep one next to their chamber pot. The cleaning apparatus is now popular in much of Europe, as well as parts of Asia, the Middle East, and South America.

Fans: The Washington Post notes that for some newish bidet owners, the device "changed their lives" and they're "never going back." "I just love them now," Utah's Rosanne Orgill says. "I ... don't know how people survive without them." Sydney Cano tells the paper she has a bidet at home, as well as one for travel.

Green appeal: New York City's Ryan Deitsch says he appreciates the environmental benefits bidets offer. He says he asked himself during the pandemic, "Are the things that we're doing—is that necessarily the right way? The best way? Are there other ways?" His answer, along with many others: "We bought bidets."

Random Dude
Expatriate

Re: To butt-blast ... or not to butt-blast?

Post by Random Dude »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:41 pm Americans Keep Buying Bidets, and They're 'Never Going Back'

Bathroom contraption became increasingly popular in US during pandemic, and it seems to be sticking

by Jenn Gidman, Newser Staff
March 30, 2024

Americans are increasingly coming around to the bidet. (Getty Images / Rattankun Thongbun)

Four years ago this month, as the pandemic kicked into high gear, most of us were scrambling to track down homemade face masks and scrounging for toilet paper. Thanks to the latter annoyance, many Americans started flocking to buy what's long been standard in other nations worldwide: the bidet, a contraption typically either attached to one's toilet or sitting alongside it, so that users can spray their nether regions with fresh water after doing their business. CNN notes, however, that although sales of other products that became popular during the pandemic have since "[come] back down to earth," bidets are still enjoying a US boom.

The numbers: Per BidetKing.com, US bidet sales have grown at least 20% each year since the pandemic started; last year, that figure hovered closer to 30%. The site notes that it sold out of every one of its units at one point during the pandemic.

'A bidet for every bum': CNN lays out the range of bidets available under that header, from a simple $50 attachment that sprays only cold water, all the way up to more luxurious units that allow for water pressure and temperature adjustments. A "washlet" model on BidetKing, for example, features a heated seat and wireless remote control and sells for just over $1,400.

Origins: CNN notes the bidet comes out of France, where aristocrats would keep one next to their chamber pot. The cleaning apparatus is now popular in much of Europe, as well as parts of Asia, the Middle East, and South America.

Fans: The Washington Post notes that for some newish bidet owners, the device "changed their lives" and they're "never going back." "I just love them now," Utah's Rosanne Orgill says. "I ... don't know how people survive without them." Sydney Cano tells the paper she has a bidet at home, as well as one for travel.

Green appeal: New York City's Ryan Deitsch says he appreciates the environmental benefits bidets offer. He says he asked himself during the pandemic, "Are the things that we're doing—is that necessarily the right way? The best way? Are there other ways?" His answer, along with many others: "We bought bidets."

I think it was Joe Rogan who asked the question - and quite a good question too I think - 'if you had shit on your face, would you just wipe it off with a piece of paper, or would you want to clean it with water?'
Art
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: Woooo hoooo USA #1 again!!!

Post by Art »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:45 pm We did it ... setting a new debt record ... $34 Billion ... print baby print!!!
I do not suffer fools, and we simply cannot fix stupid. The national debt is the least of the human species problems at the moment.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Popeye's Delight & California Hot Sauce ... score!

Stir fry instant ramen with spinach and Khmer sausage ... little hump day brunch action.

Found real-deal Tapatio hot sauce for under $4 at Bayon Super Market. Sriracha and Tabasco are way too expensive.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic