Please explain ?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Please explain ?

Post by ressl »

Seeing this animal I always have to think about Alanis Morissette. Might be a far catch for most, but there was a certain movie...
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Tootsfriend wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:47 am I was at a Pagan Party celebrating yesterday and I was the only Barang there.

Please explain why ?
What do you want explained?

You being at a pagan party? Why you were celebrating, or why you were the only barang there?

What sort of pagan are you? Was everyone pagans of the same ilk? Were you celebrating anything significant? Maybe the other attendees' pagan religion doesn't take too kindly to barangs.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

According to Genesis 1, the universe was created in 4 days :roll:
Then a bunch of astrophysicists come along & tell us it was created in less than a second :shock:
Wow :bong:
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Random Dude wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:20 am
stevenjb wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:52 am
Random Dude wrote:
Sending a raft to Australia to catch and bring back a couple of kangaroos and a crapload of lethal stingy, bitey things must have been a hell of a job. The trip to the poles to grab polar bears and penguins would have been a challenge too.
That means that those animals will have incestuous offspring. That would be great for the gene line.
Incest could explain animals like the platypus...

or the echidnas, those things have a huge 4 headed penis that looks like a foot. Maybe there is something to the Noah's ark story.
I was at Noahs ark at Mount Ararat 18 months ago on the way to Phnom Penh, didnt see anything special there. The kebab tastet a bit strange, maybe the strange animals where in the kebab !!

HaifongWangchuck
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by HaifongWangchuck »

Tootsfriend wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:47 am I was at a Pagan Party celebrating yesterday and I was the only Barang there.

Please explain why ?
You went to the ancient Burmese imperial capital and had a party there?
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Bongmab69 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:11 pm
Random Dude wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:20 am
stevenjb wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:52 am
Random Dude wrote:
Sending a raft to Australia to catch and bring back a couple of kangaroos and a crapload of lethal stingy, bitey things must have been a hell of a job. The trip to the poles to grab polar bears and penguins would have been a challenge too.
That means that those animals will have incestuous offspring. That would be great for the gene line.
Incest could explain animals like the platypus...

or the echidnas, those things have a huge 4 headed penis that looks like a foot. Maybe there is something to the Noah's ark story.
I was at Noahs ark at Mount Ararat 18 months ago on the way to Phnom Penh, didnt see anything special there. The kebab tastet a bit strange, maybe the strange animals where in the kebab !!

Tasted strange? That's probably the incest...

I heard somewhere they actually found remains of a boat on Mt Ararat. It doesn't seem very likely to me, what does the tourist industry there say about the site?
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

There is hardly turists overthere, its next to the main border-crossing between Turkey and Iran (there are only 3 of them) and also on the border with Armenia, but that border is closed for decades completely. I met coincidentially a Czech film-crew in my hotel in Dogubeyazit, the last bordertown in Turkey, when i saw at night time the Czech actrisses they could make good money on 130/136 i would say. Some guys go to climb the mountain because its the highest from Turkey, but its complicated, its a military zone and you need a lot of permits to do. About the Arch of Noah is little info overthere, i saw some signs. With the kebab i stocked heavily on EFES-beer because the day after crossed into Iran, where you cant find booze (in theorie), and when i crossed,the next border into Pakistan, i noticed that also there was hardly booze to find (but you can). It was my last drink-night for weeks . . .
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I watched this recently, it's quite good as fantasy movies go:

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic