Expat Youtubers

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Re: Expat Youtubers

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Has anyone seen this guy? I like his vibe.

Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:46 am Has anyone seen this guy? I like his vibe.

Yep, he popped up on my feed a week or so ago and I subscribed. Seems like a good dude, interesting ( to me at least) vids so far.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

This guy is from Long Beach California … good style vlogger, me thinks.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

u live in Cambodia but u'r watching some random bloggers talk about the country??
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

phuketrichard wrote:u live in Cambodia but u'r watching some random bloggers talk about the country??
What’s wrong with that?

Just like living on Soi Cowboy does not provide all the beauty Thailand has to offer.

I like watching the Russian guy who was raised in an Irish boarding school get settled into his new life in Pattaya right now.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:00 pm
phuketrichard wrote:u live in Cambodia but u'r watching some random bloggers talk about the country??
What’s wrong with that?

Just like living on Soi Cowboy does not provide all the beauty Thailand has to offer.

I like watching the Russian guy who was raised in an Irish boarding school get settled into his new life in Pattaya right now.
Wouldn't YOU be a great candidate to vlog about your life on YouTube, regardless of where you happen to be?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I quite like watching YouTubers even if they are just wandering around Phnom Penh saying nothing. Of course I could and do the same in real life but it's more relaxing to just watch on a screen and you get to see things you might not always notice.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Honestly, can't stand watching YouTubers in Cambodia. I like watching them in other countries, but I live here, so... Sometimes its a novel fascination. Also is it me, or do we tend to get the lower quality tubers here?
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I was asked several times to make some videos on my roadtrip from Belgium to Cambodia 18 months ago, but as i am from the commodore-64-generation, i have no idea at all even how to start. I did research before starting the roadtrip on a YT-channel (wild lens by abrar) as he was a German/Pakistani biker on the same road as I was (until PAK), and i did check several places where he went the year before me. I only recently found out how to post pictures on this forum. Maybe i should give it a try one day sooner or later here !! Youtube is sometimes intersting also: when i landed in Phuket august 21 my brandnew Xiaomi-smartphone didnt start up at the airport where the cops wanted to see my TH-tracking-app. After "recharging" it, still no live in it. And they let me go like that. I found out later on Youtube, you have to press the start-button for 30 seconds, how the f**** should i know if i only had small Nokia before (as most of COL-narcos) !! ??
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:18 pm I quite like watching YouTubers even if they are just wandering around Phnom Penh saying nothing. Of course I could and do the same in real life but it's more relaxing to just watch on a screen and you get to see things you might not always notice.

Decent video of Ourressy market. I go there regularly to buy fruit. Strangely, what the video doesn't show is how clogged up the market gets coz people drive through it in their bloody cars. Really pisses me off. Use a moto.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic