Has anyone been with a car/motorbike to Thailand recently?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Has anyone been with a car/motorbike to Thailand recently?

Post by Jerry Atrick »

ressl wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:34 pm I mean driving from KOW to LOS with a vehicle registered in Cambodia to himself. According to the official information available, only Laos, Singapore and Malaysian vehicles can enter Thailand, everything else still needs a guided tour. However I am doing somehow hard to believe that this is really getting enforced. I want to go with my motorbike in February, but I'm not keen to go on a guided tour. Anyone?
Did it about two weeks back at KK border; brought Khmer plated scoot to Thailand, bike didn't have reg card gave border guard 20k riel and he wheeled it through for me & rode down to trat and back without any issues. Same guard wheeled it back across for me next day

Bit if you have reg card you can do it officially without any need for dodgy shit - contrary to what others have said the reg card doesn't need to be in your name, even if that is the official requirement
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Trat is the same district. Thailand has the same rule like Cambodia, you can cross the border with limited/minimal/incomplete documents, if you stay within the district. This is done for the ones living next to the border (for themselves they use the border pass, which works like a passport, but limits them to the district of the border crossing)
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

ressl wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:17 am This is done for the ones living next to the border
& evidently also for fellows like me
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic