According to my memory

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

According to my memory

Post by SINUS »

According to my memory, a slide film about motorcyclists in Vladivostok, 70-80 years, the AI messed up with color, but that’s how he sees it :)

https://gorf.tube/w/5tLhwEgXGUDtM27bHNhQhy
Kahuna
Expatriate
Australia

Re: According to my memory

Post by Kahuna »

I didn't take much notice of the colour which I thought was fairly good.
I thought the USSR as it was back then would been a lot stricter on that free living(?) lifestyle but the photos show otherwise.
Any more Sinus?
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

Kahuna wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:06 pm I didn't take much notice of the colour which I thought was fairly good.
I thought the USSR as it was back then would been a lot stricter on that free living(?) lifestyle but the photos show otherwise.
Any more Sinus?
Young people all over the world have always wanted to live freely and independently, without following the rules and restrictions imposed by society. This was also the case in the Soviet Union.

Motorcycles gave people the opportunity to feel free and mobile. We, born in the Soviet Union, like many other countries, sought self-expression and protested against existing norms. We wore long hair, wide pants, listened to heavy rock and sometimes could get into fights with guys from the neighboring street. :)

Motorcycles were popular among us because they gave a sense of freedom and independence. We could travel on motorcycles and feel free from restrictions and control by the authorities.

Although there were restrictions and rules in the Soviet Union regarding the use of motorcycles, many people still sought this mode of transport. Motorcycles remained a symbol of freedom and independence for many people in the Soviet Union and continue to be popular today.

Overall, people will always strive for freedom and independence, and motorcycles are just one of the ways to express this freedom.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I think Sinus hasnt anymore the same barber-shop as in the 80s if I see this video !!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic