How to judge seller on Khmer 24

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
chloroformaa
Tourist
United States of America

How to judge seller on Khmer 24

Post by chloroformaa »

I am looking to buy a cheap second hand car in Phnom penh..wrt that, can anyone reply to following pointwise

1. ..in other countries , I have mostly driven the Toyota vitz (second hand around 2010-12 model) for around 5000 USD but here it is available at 10k USD....does the import tax apply on second hand cars also.?

2. I looked at the Khmer 24 website and while starting price of a good car is around 10k USD, some of the luxury cars like BMW, mercedes are available for less than 2000 USD.....how to know whether seller is genuine or not..?.there is no reviews or rating available for the seller...

3. and how is this website mykhmercar?....cars on that website are available under 2-3k

4. I searched across this forum and the other popular Cambodian forums, and there isn't a single post where a person described his story of being sold a stolen car or how his car frequently broke down after getting it for so cheap...so considering that , can we generally say that , one can go forward with option of buying luxurious car under 2000usd as mentioned in point 2 and that won't be too much problematic .?

5. Same for the accomodations.., on Khmer 24, some accomodations are so cheap that they state 4-5 bedroom apartment or a villa in around 200 USD...but again, no negative post on any forum of anyone getting scammed on Khmer 24...so is it like these deals are just short term and one should just grab them and consider himself lucky..?
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: How to judge seller on Khmer 24

Post by pissontheroof »

I do not know .. but that’s a good question for here . John should know .
I just googled this for me . ;
: :
idiom used to say that a thing that can be bought for a very low price probably isn't very good.
"That cheap camera I bought is broken already." "Well, you get what you pay for."
: :
I always try to get the most expensive , so if i got something cheap that turned out good
I would consider myself lucky. But normally I’m not satisfied with anything here ( excep beer )
So I’m not very lucky ..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic