Swiss guy in phuket getting into Heat (rightly deserved)

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Swiss guy in phuket getting into Heat (rightly deserved)

Post by John Bingham »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:38 pm update on the two Kiwis assaulting a cop

"Meanwhile, the millionaire parents of the two suspects, who are brothers, have spoken to the New Zealand press about the situation, which you can read here. In brief, they stated they were shocked by the situation, had obtained the services of a lawyer, and described the suspects as “Just two kids on vacation”, stressing that both men had families and children of their own who were deeply concerned about them."
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/watch-par ... KHJEICKMU/
Millionaire parents! Likely not quite Redbull scion rich. :ROFL:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Papa will pay them out. The enveleope(s) just got bigger as the story made the news.
work is for people who cant find truffles
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Possibly but considering one of them tried to strangle the cop, they stole his gun and then tried to bribe the police at the station I think they might make an example of them.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

I believe because the story did make the news, and it was captured on video, and because the vicious attack was against a police officer, I don’t think they are going anywhere for a long time.

I will probably be proven wrong, but I don’t think there will be enough envelopes for the Thai government to let this one go.

I’m curious if the New Zealand government is going to revoke their passports whenever they do return.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kenr wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:00 pm I believe because the story did make the news, and it was captured on video, and because the vicious attack was against a police officer, I don’t think they are going anywhere for a long time.

I will probably be proven wrong, but I don’t think there will be enough envelopes for the Thai government to let this one go.

I’m curious if the New Zealand government is going to revoke their passports whenever they do return.
I'd liked to believe that they will pay by serving time than deported, ( would send a message to others trying to evade the road blocks) < BUT
this being Thailand...
Auntin has made 2 trips now down to Phuket since the Swiss guy kicked the thai lady, ( been nothing in the news or thai chatter and wont be till he goes to court

Everyone in Thailand knows who Anutin is and one of his side duties is as a fixer extraordinaire

Thailand, the country where anything could happen :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic