e-Arrival Card app for foreigners coming to Cambodia to be launched in 2024

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
ToyoField
Tourist
Vietnam

Re: e-Arrival Card app for foreigners coming to Cambodia to be launched in 2024

Post by ToyoField »

I arrived today (4 March) by air from Saigon and had my QR code ready. The officer smiled and said "not yet here, only in Siem Reap." I had the paper form filled out as a back up however so was quickly stamped in.
CambTrav
Tourist
Belgium

Post by CambTrav »

My camera does not read the MRZ code when i try to scan with the app. Anyone with same problem?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

quick question:
wife is returning for new years
new arrival card
there are no address for svay rieng>
do i just make something up??
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:47 am
You mean you don't know the address? Maybe try asking the village chief.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:47 am quick question:
wife is returning for new years
new arrival card
do i just make something up??
Just put the Village (phum), Commune (Sangkat/Khum), District (Khan/Srok) & Province....that's all I do because my house doesn't have a number and my street doesn't have a name/number either.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Today I tried to check in (online) and was told, that it is not possible. A few minutes later, I got this e-mail:
Dear XXXXXX,

We notice that you will be travelling to Cambodia with us very soon and we are excited to have you on board!

Please be informed that all arriving travellers are required to submit the Cambodia e-Arrival (CeA) card within 7 days prior to your arrival in the country via the following link: https://www.arrival.gov.kh

Guests are also recommended to download and install the CeA app at https://www.arrival.gov.kh

For the full Travel Requirements to Cambodia, please refer here.

We look forward to welcoming you on board soon!

Kind regards,

The AirAsia Team
So has this changed since 1st of April and is now working / required for Phnom Penh as well?
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
ToyoField
Tourist
Vietnam

Post by ToyoField »

I flew in from Saigon with Qatar on 2 April. On my last entry on 4 March, my QR code via the app was not accepted (see above), so this time I did not attempt to use the app and planned to just fill out the paper form on the plane. However, annoyingly, they had no immigration or custom forms onboard (I am on a 1 year retirement EOS.) Therefore, I had to complete the forms in the airport. This is the first that time that I have encountered a lack of paper forms on Qatar. Makes me wonder if I have should have tried the app again. Has anyone used it for PNH entry successfully?
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

I have always a while pile of those cards with me - exactly for the occasion, that they don't have the cards on the plane - what happens in around 20% of the time. Anyway, now I am denied online check in because of that and as everyone knows, it is more easy to invent the cold fusion, than getting in touch with customer service of AirAsia. So I guess I will need to sort this out at the airport on Saturday...
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Scots4riel
Tourist

Post by Scots4riel »

I have flown into Phnom Penh twice in the last 3 weeks and my e arrival was accepted and worked perfectly. The have 3 or 4 separate lines for E arrival so very smooth. It's also a breeze leaving Bangkok now with the electronic departure gates - last 2 trips though security and immigration in less than 5 minutes
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Scots4riel wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:29 pm I have flown into Phnom Penh twice in the last 3 weeks and my e arrival was accepted and worked perfectly. The have 3 or 4 separate lines for E arrival so very smooth. It's also a breeze leaving Bangkok now with the electronic departure gates - last 2 trips though security and immigration in less than 5 minutes

What about travelers with dumb phones with no internet for now the paper form is ok but in july when the e-arrival will be enforced.
Boredom is like a shroud
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic