Home cooking channel- Zucchini kick

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Home cooking channel- Zucchini kick

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Been sweet on zucchini lately and this is the latest result.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Stuffed

Made a big steaming pot of stuffed bell peppers last night ... killed it as usual. Not exactly traditional recipe, but an original creation based on classic Hungarian/Polish style. I used for the filling: rice, baguette, egg plant, garlic, onion, ground pork, and pork belly, egg ... and mini potatoes and canned Italian Pomodoro tomatoes for sauce base. Splash of Shiraz from NSW for some added flavor boost. Had a golf buddy from Netherlands and his Khemer wife over for a little rooftop meal at sunset. He has not yet developed a taste for Khmer food, so I figured to whip up some European chow. Was a big hit and a good time was had by all. And yes, wine, beer and soju was involved.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Stuffed

Post by Doc67 »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:40 pm Made a big steaming pot of stuffed bell peppers last night ... killed it as usual. Not exactly traditional recipe, but an original creation based on classic Hungarian/Polish style. I used for the filling: rice, baguette, egg plant, garlic, onion, ground pork, and pork belly, egg ... and mini potatoes and canned Italian Pomodoro tomatoes for sauce base. Splash of Shiraz from NSW for some added flavor boost. Had a golf buddy from Netherlands and his Khemer wife over for a little rooftop meal at sunset. He has not yet developed a taste for Khmer food, so I figured to whip up some European chow. Was a big hit and a good time was had by all. And yes, wine, beer and soju was involved.
You sure did.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Another masterpiece underway

Welp, I've managed to outdo myself yet again ... if you could smell it ... wow! This is the real deal Italian gravey ... gonna do some southern-fried pork cutlets ... this time I've got legit panko for that super crunch factor. The wife went to her folks' village compound, so I'm sure this will be a welcoming meal when she gets back tonight after all that same Khmer fare they serve when there is a family gathering ... don't get me wrong, I love it too, but it's always the same same recipes. My wife is gradually getting her palet adjusted to more international cuisine. She loved the pork parmigiana I made last week. Nothing like coming home to a solid meal after eduring a stressful couple days with the family and all the back-biting between siblings and the constant bickering over money. I sat this one out and have enjoyed a weekend of solitude and cooking. I love the big cities when the streets empty out and everyone heads to their respective village. Partied with some Khmer neighbors last night, original PP peoples. Had a blast. #cookingathome
Moe
Expatriate

Re: Home cooking channel- Zucchini kick

Post by Moe »

Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Re: Home cooking channel- Zucchini kick

Moe wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:08 am "Italian gravy" is a red sauce. https://coleycooks.com/authentic-italian-sunday-gravy/
Good share … grazzi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic