Cheapest SIM Card

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
JJ62
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Cheapest SIM Card

Post by JJ62 »

Spigzy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:18 pm I think for anything up to a year validity you can look at the Smart M2M plan as the best option (https://www.smart.com.kh/get-smart/plan ... o-machine/). If you switch to that whilst away, should do the biz from my observation?

[edit: And yes, looks like they rejigged all the USSD codes, horror show, especially given some of the plans are not in their app for easy switching yet - grrr.]
I looked at the M2M plans online but they state they're not for mobiles. Per the T&C...
"Smart M2M plan data is designed for IoT devices, such as GPS machines, security cameras, smartwatches and alarms, and cannot be used by mobile phones.​"
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Cheapest SIM Card

Post by Spigzy »

JJ62 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:24 pm
Spigzy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:18 pm I think for anything up to a year validity you can look at the Smart M2M plan as the best option (https://www.smart.com.kh/get-smart/plan ... o-machine/). If you switch to that whilst away, should do the biz from my observation?

[edit: And yes, looks like they rejigged all the USSD codes, horror show, especially given some of the plans are not in their app for easy switching yet - grrr.]
I looked at the M2M plans online but they state they're not for mobiles. Per the T&C...
"Smart M2M plan data is designed for IoT devices, such as GPS machines, security cameras, smartwatches and alarms, and cannot be used by mobile phones.​"
But they give the USSD codes to activate it - give it a go & let us know! :D
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic