Visit a prisoner sihanoukville

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Visit a prisoner sihanoukville

Post by phuketrichard »

".....Let’s assume she is innocent and the cops planted it on her"
in Cambodia, Thailand, Laos.....totally irrelevant if she innocent or not or if it was planted
its her word against the cops

I gave you 1st hand info for getting her out, visits, getting her food and other stuff
new kid hasn't a clue
all relating to gf's brother doing time for meth trafficking in 2021.

take it or leave it
BUT why the sudden interest? she been in for 5 years

PLENTY of people survive on jail food

You have no idea about anything, ( did u see the arrest warrant, the final charges she is inside for?) so unless ur willing to get a local lawyer, and or fly up,
ur wasting our and ur time here
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
richardtmw
Expatriate
Australia

Post by richardtmw »

For some reason 2 lawyers both could not access her court records etc from 5 years ago they have mysteriously disappeared. To locate her I had a nice but scared prisoner ngo visit every prison in Cambodia and pay guards to see if she was in there. Once located at snook the ngo got too scared and wouldn’t take her food. Wtf who is this girl!! Why now - cause I only just now saw the arrest post in English on facebook to my shock. Of course what else do you expect would be my reaction. The ngo told me exactly what food and conditions are like normally it’s not long term survivable without a lot of outside help.
Kahuna
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kahuna »

Two lawyers could not access court records? Who paid for the lawyers? Obviously not you as you can barely afford to look after yourself apparently let alone cough up for lawyers.
An NGO paid prison guards bribes? Who coughed the cash in that instance? The NGO visited every Cambodian prison? That's again a lot of outlay when you already knew she was arrested in Sookyville so that should have been the first place to ask. The NGO would have had contacts and possibly access to prisoner names and therefore inmates such as your ex GF's friend so there was no need to "visit" every prison.
The prisons are not long term survivable yet she's done half of her 10 years already and is still in the land of the living so someone is looking after her or maybe conditions are not as bad as you imagine or been led to believe. Yes, not comparable to Western jails but seemingly okay for the majority of inmates. If they are that bad then the death rate in Cambodian prisons must be fairly high as not everyone has friends or families willing or financial enough to bribe guards, send food parcels and other various luxuries inside.
Are you seeing the holes in this story?
Sorry mate but the BS meter is edging quickly to 12 o'clock on this one.
richardtmw
Expatriate
Australia

Post by richardtmw »

2 lawyers I asked would not take on the job as they could not find files so there was no charge. NGO did their work also at no charge. All I did was ask for help. Same as I have done here I guess.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Sounds like someone you're best not knowing.
My friends offer will no longer be available!
richardtmw
Expatriate
Australia

Post by richardtmw »

Agreed something out of the ordinary there which I perhaps understand a little bit better now - thanks to all for the advice.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic