20-litre water bottles delivery in Kampot

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Re: 20-litre water bottles delivery in Kampot

Post by Tootsfriend »

one_dolla wrote: ↑Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:49 am a few years back you could get ProVida mineral spring water in the 20L bottles for the same cost as all the rest...if I remember 4000r...Provida is still available in 500ml/1500ml bottles and it does have a different taste than the cheap every day water as do the other mineral ones such as Thansur Bokor (which you seem only to see up the mountain) an Kluen brand....I do mix these in my intake of water to try and get some of the minerals back the cheap, if actually treated stuff, will have removed by the RO process...

the reason you cant get to 20L ProVida seems to be after a flood of their premises when the blue bottles all got washed away they stopped this supply...I remember photos and videos of all the bottles being swept away...
So please explain to me what '' minerals '' are in this mineral water and why can I not get those minerals by eating a range of health fruit and vegetables .
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Jasper wrote: ↑Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:28 am I'm all sorted thanks, everyone.
$5 for the first bottle, then refills are $1, delivered to my door on the 3rd floor!
yer all set .
to get them up delivered up flights , i had a few delivered to me when i lived on 2 nd fl. with a lift πŸ‘πŸΌ
but i broke a big one stumbling up one flight before that , then i switched to the 1/2 size 10 litter bottles
today i use that one for my hobby .
it just so not mind " bogeling " but something like it ,
to see them being delived baking in the sun / back of trailers
so they paint them blue , but how do you know whats really inside any of them day by day ?
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

Tootsfriend wrote: ↑Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:14 pm
one_dolla wrote: ↑Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:49 am a few years back you could get ProVida mineral spring water in the 20L bottles for the same cost as all the rest...if I remember 4000r...Provida is still available in 500ml/1500ml bottles and it does have a different taste than the cheap every day water as do the other mineral ones such as Thansur Bokor (which you seem only to see up the mountain) an Kluen brand....I do mix these in my intake of water to try and get some of the minerals back the cheap, if actually treated stuff, will have removed by the RO process...

the reason you cant get to 20L ProVida seems to be after a flood of their premises when the blue bottles all got washed away they stopped this supply...I remember photos and videos of all the bottles being swept away...
So please explain to me what '' minerals '' are in this mineral water and why can I not get those minerals by eating a range of health fruit and vegetables .
If you are that interested just buy a bottle and read what is on the label who says you can not get some of the same from proper food?

in the village I grew up in there is an ancient spring, called rumbling Tams, that is piped from somewhere to flow out into the wee burn (small river) that runs through the village..that water was used when people got sick in ye olden days but I remember drinking it as a kid tasted much better than our drinkable tap water..but I did also read an old parish priests accounts of the village in the 1800's and the locals were famous for their 2 penny ale.. and famous for always being drunk on it. lived on a diet of bread and onions only eating meat if an animal died of old age or accident...

I like mixing my "waters" as variety in that is probably as good as variety in the foods we eat apparently ideal for our gut microbes is eating 30 different plants a week...I probably get to around 20 or so...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic