Fans with Water Vaporisers

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Fans with Water Vaporisers

Post by Yerg »

I had one of these when I lived in the Middle East on my balcony. Was only ever really effective at cooling when I put a ton of ice in the reservoir to cool the water.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

In theory these work great. They create a 'mist' of really small droplets which then mostly evaporate quickly, with the process of evaporation costing energy thus cooling the air. They provide a breeze on top.

The problems with these things is the (cheaper) fans produce droplets which aren't small enough to evaporate quickly, the amount of water all these fans spray is way too much to evaporate quickly in tropical climates, so they mostly cool by spraying a water mist on and around you, which I find unpleasant.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Great way to spread illness and bacteria

Although I do like them for some relief when I find them outside shops on a hot day; I don't think I would live with one
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

Jerry Atrick wrote:Great way to spread illness and bacteria

Although I do like them for some relief when I find them outside shops on a hot day; I don't think I would live with one
Reminded me of Legionnaires' disease that was spread through the atomizers used in supermarkets to keep vegetables fresh some years back in the States.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

I got one of these. , I typed in “ hatari air cooler “ in the search 🔍 area and got this :
https://www.google.com/search?q=hatari+ ... ent=safari
I tried it because I hate to be hot …
And it’s so hot here & my rooms are big and the air conditioner is a monster .
And I am so energy conscious .

It doesn’t blow water out but as long as it has ice in it ( which don’t last too long ) it cools 🤙🏽 ( so-so )
(better than a fan )
There are pros and cons you can see with a click 👆🏽
I make my own blocks of ice in the freezer and am always adding more ice. - the legal ice 🧊 .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic