Philippines or Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Philippines or Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:36 pm
Kampuchia Crumbs wrote:
John Bingham wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:01 pm
Chuck Borris wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:10 pm BTW the guards in the Philippines carry pump action shotguns or automatic rifles, not machine guns! 8)
But, but, but.... they are so scary looking. Maybe we can start calling them "assault rifles" :stir:
Military issue rifles all have either full auto or 3-5 round burst mode.

Except the Russian AN92. Hyper velocity mode - fast double tap which feels like a single round. Only 1000 made. Only rifle that has a recoiling barrel, just like a tank cannon or artillery tube.
It's a pointless discussion. Kampuchia Crumbs was trying to conflate what I wrote with the "Assault Weapons" nonsense while misquoting two posters and not having a clue what he was on about. WTF?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

ressl wrote:Never heard of an AN92, but the AN94 has this
Mis type. AN94. Only 2 known in the US, 1 in military hands, the other can be borrowed.

Wonderful design. Amazing shooting. Too complicated to manufacture and maintain in the field as a military rifle.
BogdanRu
Tourist
Belarus

Post by BogdanRu »

I’m sorry for my English bad I will try again

There is three important category for evaluation discussions

Economy/cost of living/Quality of life/visa
Culture
Lady and relationship

Mostly interest in the lady for relationship

Did anyone have relationship with Khmer lade and Filipina and is it the same same or different compare?

Thanks friend.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

BogdanRu wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:51 am I’m sorry for my English bad I will try again

There is three important category for evaluation discussions

Economy/cost of living/Quality of life/visa
Culture
Lady and relationship

Mostly interest in the lady for relationship

Did anyone have relationship with Khmer lade and Filipina and is it the same same or different compare?

Thanks friend.
I had in the past a few short term relationships with flips in their own country ( back in the 80's) < everyone wanted to get OUT of the Philippines. They speak English, so thats a +
Have had relationships with Thais ( married one) and a Khmer ( currently living with one)
no difference in the long term.

If your going to find ur true love in a bar 9 out of 10 it will ONLY be about the $$$

Visas: ...Cambodia wins hands down

FOOD;... hmmm they both suck, Manila MacDonalds has the worst fries have ever had at a McDonalds!!
best Philippine food i ever had was in HK

Quality of life:... depends on city or country, theres some fantastic places in PI, not so much in Cambodia compares

Cost of living;... once again depends on city or country
Manila is not cheap, but than again neither is PP
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic