Do you have children? How many? Poll.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

How many children do you have?

1. None for me.
28%
2. One
15%
3. Two
20%
4. Three
13%
5. Four
13%
6. Five.
5%
7. Six.
3%
8. A lot.
5%

Total votes: 40
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Do you have children? How many? Poll.

Post by Tootsfriend »

ItWasntMe wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:15 pm No kids. I wouldn't be a good father and there is enough fucked up kids in the world.

But kudos to the good parents out there!

And some of them are already posting on internet forums.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

My wife and I are trying at least once-a-day for #5 ... and in 2026, #6. She says doing it in the morning is lucky for conceiving a girl. And I want a girl ... at least one.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:35 pm My wife and I are trying at least once-a-day for #5 ... and in 2026, #6. She says doing it in the morning is lucky for conceiving a girl. And I want a girl ... at least one.
Going through the whole routine while aged mid fifties.... Pregnancy, birth, diapers, breastfeed, turning, crawling, reading before bed time, walking, kindergarten, and then ending up with an adolescent in your late sixties....

I get the fun of trying to make one. But....

I pass.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:07 pm
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:35 pm My wife and I are trying at least once-a-day for #5 ... and in 2026, #6. She says doing it in the morning is lucky for conceiving a girl. And I want a girl ... at least one.
Going through the whole routine while aged mid fifties.... Pregnancy, birth, diapers, breastfeed, turning, crawling, reading before bed time, walking, kindergarten, and then ending up with an adolescent in your late sixties....

I pass.
Bunch of dudes around Kampot that ain't gonna live to see their kids 10th birthday, most likely leaving them behind to grow up in poverty with a hooker for a mom, but I guess the whole act of reproduction makes them feel like successful men or whatever.

But according to some, that's the non-selfish way :unknown:
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

ItWasntMe wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:14 pm

I pass.
Bunch of dudes around Kampot that ain't gonna live to see their kids 10th birthday, most likely leaving them behind to grow up in poverty with a hooker for a mom, but I guess the whole act of reproduction makes them feel like successful men or whatever.

I tried to write a non-judgemental post about my own experience, but I agree I question the decisions of some guys in their late sixties or early seventies as well.

On the other hand, who am I to judge them? Maybe they deposited 100k USD in a trust for the kid. You can't judge a book by its' cover.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:03 pm

I pass.

I tried to write a non-judgemental post about my own experience, but I agree I question the decisions of some guys in their late sixties or early seventies as well.

On the other hand, who am I to judge them? Maybe they deposited 100k USD in a trust for the kid. You can't judge a book by its' cover.
That makes sense, I would be doing the 50 cent beer as well if I just had to give up 100K USD :plus1:
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

ItWasntMe wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:07 pm

I pass.

That makes sense, I would be doing the 50 cent beer as well if I just had to give up 100K USD :plus1:
Some people love the frugal style while having large sums stocked up....
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I pass.

"According to some" is just the whore mongers themselves.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:09 pm

I pass.

Yea I'm sure that did happen at some point in time :thumb:
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

ItWasntMe wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:18 pm
Kammekor wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:09 pm

Yea I'm sure that did happen at some point in time :thumb:
Even if you're right, which is likely, the question still is: who am I to judge them?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic