Philippines or Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
LamarFreddie
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Philippines or Cambodia

Post by LamarFreddie »

Hardtime wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:16 pm
LamarFreddie wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:27 pm
Hardtime wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:15 pm I find the Philippinos very annoying also I think it's the fake American accent and American worshipping.
Australian's seem to like the Philippines also they seem at home amongst other people that have no culture.
Australians have no culture? Midnight Oil's early stuff is quite good. You should check it out.
Satire?
Their new album is quite good as well. If you are able to enjoy music.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:01 pm
Chuck Borris wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:10 pm I didnt like presence of police with machine guns in every shopping mall in PH. I wouldn't live in any heavy armed society.
That is freaky. There used to be armed guards on nearly every bar or nightclub here but now they are rare. A few around the gold shops at Central Market but even BHQ usually carry their guns in soft cases. BTW the guards in the Philippines carry pump action shotguns or automatic rifles, not machine guns! 8)
Im not military type, so all same same but different to me. :D
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

An obvious advantage is that most speak English over there. Other than that, It's Cambodia for me. Interesting to see the answer if OP posts this on a Philippines forum :chin:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Let's not forget the food.

Upside: The Philippines has Jollibees and McDonalds everywhere.

Downside: The Philippines has Jollibees and McDonalds everywhere.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

OP, what answers were you expecting, posting on a Cambodian forum? People on here are obviously biased, otherwise they wouldn't be here. I am pretty sure the responses are just as skewed when asking on a Flipper forum.
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Post by angsta »

If you like YouTube expat drama then The Philippines is the place for you. Check out Dumagete aka Dramagete.

I like the people in both countries. I don't really care about the religious side of things. Each to their own.

The Philippines seems to be very popular with the Aussies and the Americans. It is definitely less safe than Cambodia.

The beaches in in The Philippines are incredible. I would say the weather is better (cooler) in the Philippines.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

Chuck Borris wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:10 pm BTW the guards in the Philippines carry pump action shotguns or automatic rifles, not machine guns! 8)
But, but, but.... they are so scary looking. Maybe we can start calling them "assault rifles" :stir:
What, Me worry?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I didn't write that. Stop misquoting me. They are assault rifles anyway.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Kampuchia Crumbs wrote:
Chuck Borris wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:10 pm BTW the guards in the Philippines carry pump action shotguns or automatic rifles, not machine guns! 8)
But, but, but.... they are so scary looking. Maybe we can start calling them "assault rifles" :stir:
Military issue rifles all have either full auto or 3-5 round burst mode.

Except the Russian AN92. Hyper velocity mode - fast double tap which feels like a single round. Only 1000 made. Only rifle that has a recoiling barrel, just like a tank cannon or artillery tube.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Never heard of an AN92, but the AN94 has this
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic