Hostess bargirls beware...

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Stravaiger
Expatriate

Hostess bargirls beware...

Post by Stravaiger »

Taiwanese entrepreneur Alan Yu sues model for accepting money, refusing sex

By Nguyen Huong February 25, 2024 | 09:48 pm GMT+7

Taiwanese entrepreneur Alan Yu sues model for accepting money, refusing sex
Entrepreneur Alan Yu and Taiwanese model Sharon (left) when she was advertising his bubble tea brand. Photo from IT-oriented portal HardwareZone
Businessman Alan Yu has sued Taiwanese model Sharon, 28, for refusing to engage in sex with him despite accepting gifts.

The 62-year-old entrepreneur, founder of the American bubble tea chain Lollicup, expressed his dissatisfaction over the model's rejection, as reported by Sin Chew.

Alan and Sharon first crossed paths when she became an ambassador for his bubble tea brand last year. Alan, captivated by Sharon, went to great lengths, even contemplating divorcing his wife, to shower the younger woman with lavish gifts.

His expenditures surpassed TWD110 million (US$3.48 million), encompassing a luxury car and a house for the model. Despite these gestures, Sharon consistently evaded any romantic involvement, often citing excuses, such as claiming to be "on her period" to avoid intimacy.

In response to the alleged deceit, Alan has initiated legal proceedings against Sharon in both Taiwan and the U.S., accusing her of fraud.

The Supreme Court has taken action by confiscating assets including cash valued at TWD50 million, a Porsche RV worth TWD6.5 million, as well as jewelry and luxury handbags from Sharon's residence. Authorities discovered additional monetary assets and a BMW at her home.

Contrary to Alan's claims, Sharon vehemently denies any wrongdoing, asserting that Alan willingly presented her with valuable items. Her lawyer has corroborated this, supporting Sharon’s claim that the businessman indeed gifted her items in an attempt to win her favor.

In light of the legal dispute, Sharon has opted to set her Instagram account to private mode.
https://e.vnexpress.net/news/celebritie ... 15224.html
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Hostess bargirls beware...

Post by ressl »

Didn't went well for the guy? I can't imagine he will win this case and his ex wife will be happy to take her share out of this affair as well.
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I don’t get it. Confusing business and pleasure is always a bad combination.

Yet when he sends gifts, she refuses to be in a relationship with him. Isn’t that a clear signal?

Bar girls hostesses are different. It’s a negotiated deal. She is there for a particular service, no confusion. It’s all business. Pretend love. Never to be confused for the real thing.

At least my opinion.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Maybe this clever business guy should have given out gifts a little bit more incrementally, to wait and see if anything he fancies is given back in return.
finn
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by finn »

"The Supreme Court has taken action by confiscating assets including cash valued at TWD50 million, a Porsche RV worth TWD6.5 million, as well as jewelry and luxury handbags from Sharon's residence. Authorities discovered additional monetary assets and a BMW at her home."
where is a link to the decision even if in Chinese? sounds super unlikely legally unless witnessed verbal or written agreement. What fraud did she commit?
There is no known cure for #dumbass lol
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Aaah she can't "be on her period" indefinitely....a week of patience while she's locked in a resort with him and the cat is in the bag...
I blame him for poor planning ^^
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:07 pm I don’t get it. Confusing business and pleasure is always a bad combination.

Yet when he sends gifts, she refuses to be in a relationship with him. Isn’t that a clear signal?

Bar girls hostesses are different. It’s a negotiated deal. She is there for a particular service, no confusion. It’s all business. Pretend love. Never to be confused for the real thing.

At least my opinion.
Bar girls fall in love just the same, they just need to deal with it as no one in their right mind would want a relationship with one.
That being said I do see barangs in relationships with bar girls pretty much everywhere I go.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

ItWasntMe wrote:
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:07 pm I don’t get it. Confusing business and pleasure is always a bad combination.

At least my opinion.
Bar girls fall in love just the same, they just need to deal with it as no one in their right mind would want a relationship with one.
That being said I do see barangs in relationships with bar girls pretty much everywhere I go.
Yes they do, and get their love and as well as their faith in humanity crushed. Repeatedly. The nature of their business is to sell a lie. They are also repeatedly lied to in return.

Relationships or transactions? It’s the girl’s job to sell the relationship. Regardless of number. Their financial security depends on it. They have a tough life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic