Dems just might take the Senate 50% there.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Dems just might take the Senate 50% there.

Post by nerdlinger »

Without wanting to labour the point, the far right have never been been pro-police. What they’ve been is pro their own people in the police.

BLM didn’t piss them off because it was anti police, it pissed then off because it was against their people in the police.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

“...month-long frenzy of incitements, strategizing, and embrace of violence against lawmakers,” according to a research group that tracks online extremism activity. In a report issued on Saturday, the SITE Intelligence Group also warns that the Capitol attack has emboldened Trump-supporting extremists.

No matter how all this plays out, it's only the beginning,” posted a user on TheDonald message board, according to the report.

AP, Washington Post, Reuters
today

CEO scooped the Washington Post by 3 days on this.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Authorities will ‘never take me alive,’ US woman told social media after stealing Nancy Pelosi’s laptop, FBI says
Jeremy Roebuck19:30, Jan 20 2021
Riley June Williams

After walking out of the US Capitol with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s laptop two weeks ago, Riley Williams didn’t wait long, FBI agents said, to tell the Internet what she had done.

“I took Nancy Polesis [sic] hard drives. I don’t care. Kill me,” authorities say the Harrisburg woman wrote on the social media site Discord just hours after the January 6 Capitol attack.

She purportedly boasted of purloining other items including Pelosi’s “gravel hammwrd tbing” – an apparent reference to the speaker’s ceremonial gavel – and felt confident she had escaped scot-free.

“Like theure [sic] gonna arrest me,” Williams allegedly wrote, adding in another post hours later: “They’ll never take me alive.”

Eventually, however, they did.

Those messages, detailed in a court filing late Tuesday, formed the basis for new federal charges authorities lodged against Williams less than 24 hours after publicity surrounding her case, much of it generated on the same social media sites she frequented, prompted the 22-year-old to surrender to authorities.

And like many of the more than 100 accused rioters the Justice Department has charged to date, the impulse to document her alleged crimes online in real time ultimately led to her undoing.

In addition to the Discord messages, prosecutors say Williams shot video on her cell phone as she stormed the Capitol with the crowd of Trump supporters, including at least two segments she posted while roaming Pelosi’s office.

this isnt a joke https://t.co/iIKQp1sr3L pic.twitter.com/UBsUtJX8DM
— Jannypilled (@jannypilled) January 6, 2021

In one, a woman, whose voice agents have identified as Williams’, warns a crowd of people standing around a computer in the House speaker’s conference room not to touch it without gloves. A text caption over the footage reads: “They got the laptop.”

Other messages note, “I got pepper sprayed” and detail how she allegedly escaped from police at the scene. Officers, Williams purportedly wrote, “followed me around grabbing me while I was escaping in the crowd. I got away.”

Though she later closed her Discord account, another user had saved her messages and later posted them on Twitter.

Justice Department officials have not yet said whether they recovered Pelosi’s laptop when Williams surrendered to the FBI late Monday evening (local time). They also did not indicate whether they had confirmed a tip from one of Williams’ former romantic partners that she had tried to sell the computer to the Russian foreign security service.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/ ... p-fbi-says
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
emm
Expatriate
Austria

Post by emm »

Are all Trump followers SUICIDAL ?
Go ahead than Riley June Williams and jump !
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Losers. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Waited three years?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic