Siem Reap Province Bans Dog Meat Traffic (UPDATED)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Siem Reap Province Bans Dog Meat Traffic (UPDATED)

Post by newkidontheblock »

I’ve never seen a dog meat burger, however.

Only grilled and soup.

Is dog meat not enough to ground or too tough to make into ground patty?

Just kidding, the photos of dog bun sparked it off.
DavidMurphy
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Siem Reap Province Bans Dog Meat Traffic (UPDATED)

Post by DavidMurphy »

atst wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:02 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:27 pm
atst wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:56 am
Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:38 am
atst wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:23 am NGO's pushing thier western values what next chickens?
Dogs are eaten daily in my little town it's a cheap meal , take that away and what they going to eat, or become vegans
It's not a cheap meal

It's more expensive than chicken, pork, beef etc

That's why, it's called special meat
I

Somebody told you porky pies imo
yep just my imagination when I send my girl down the road with 10,000 Riel to buy it ,to give the seven guys working lunch every day

My main issue with dog meat trade is the theft of dogs to supply the industry and also the disease vector from sick, poisoned or parasite riddled curs that then enter the human food chain
Everyone agrees with that, but can't think a local bussiness would be steeling dogs every day. Someone would complain.
If there were actual dog farms where the industry was regulated and meat dogs were raised just for that I'd be ok with it. This happens in China, but not much here
Agree.
10,000 KHR of Saich Pisey is a beer snack for me (be it curry or grilled). Those 7 guys must be very slim! I imagine they have it with the rice and veg/fish that they brought with them that morning to eat for lunch.
A traditional dip consists of dog brain and liver in a creamy white sauce. Served with banana flowers and/or banana corm shoots.
For some reason, military and police like to eat it in groups here, in Laos and in Thailand. Along with fertilized duck eggs (both being allegedly aphrodisiatic). Once a month, when their second 'special' salary arrives, dogmeat/
fertilized duck egg restaurants are packed with drunken horny cops and soldiers (separate restaurants, of course, or there'd be a guaranteed gun battle). Macho male bonding thingy, innit! Many might not even like it but the peer pressure - oh my!
My two cents......
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic