Other than where you live, which country in SE Asia/Asia will you always return to

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.

which country do you love in Asia/SE Asia and will always return to?

Thailand
34%
Cambodia
29%
Laos
No votes
Vietnam
17%
Burma
7%
India
2%
Nepal
2%
Sri Lanka
No votes
Malaysia
2%
Indonesia
5%

Total votes: 41
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Other than where you live, which country in SE Asia/Asia will you always return to

Post by phuketrichard »

"My experience was back in 1995, China wasn't really on the world map back then."

My travels thru Yunnan,, Sichuan, Guangxi and Tibet were all pre 1989, when it all went to shit with the The Tiananmen Square protests
Wonderful time to be travelling thru there< China was just breaking out>

Kinda figured ( and the stats back me up) that Thailand an Cambodia would stand out in a Cambodian forum :-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
YaTingPom
Expatriate
Palestine

Re: Other than where you live, which country in SE Asia/Asia will you always return to

Post by YaTingPom »

These threads are only created to stroke ones ego and regale us on much traveling one has done. Yawn.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:02 pm I have a crush on Thailand, ever since I went there in 1995 in my first holiday as a teacher. Never experienced anything like that. So different from everything I was used to.

Truly life changing.

The irony is, my plan was to go to China, but the airline I would go with (Tarom) cancelled my ticket for unknown reasons and the only destination within the budget was Bangkok. I always thought I would be able to plan my life, but when I look back so far major events have mainly been coincidental.
Me too, also on my first holiday as a teacher. I found the islands and beaches and have loved the place ever since.

The way Kung-Fu Hillbilly described Indonesia is much the same as I've always felt about Thailand. There's a 'vibe' to the place.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Random Dude wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:51 am
Kammekor wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:02 pm I have a crush on Thailand, ever since I went there in 1995 in my first holiday as a teacher. Never experienced anything like that. So different from everything I was used to.

Truly life changing.

The irony is, my plan was to go to China, but the airline I would go with (Tarom) cancelled my ticket for unknown reasons and the only destination within the budget was Bangkok. I always thought I would be able to plan my life, but when I look back so far major events have mainly been coincidental.
Me too, also on my first holiday as a teacher. I found the islands and beaches and have loved the place ever since.

The way Kung-Fu Hillbilly described Indonesia is much the same as I've always felt about Thailand. There's a 'vibe' to the place.
I never felt that welcome in Indonesia, to be honest, especially on Java. Maybe it's the fact I'm Dutch and they noticed? I once saw a truck on Java with a painting of the Twin Towers and two planes crashing in it on its' back doors. It really put me off.

Loved Sumatra though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic