High Tech Chicks

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
YaTingPom
Expatriate
Palestine

Re: High Tech Chicks

Post by YaTingPom »

IraHayes wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:30 pm

Given the technological singularity has been known about and discussed for decades I am surprised you were unaware of its existence. Given, as you say, you have a bachelors degree in computer science.

Also, I was not attempting to answer your questions and my clipped quote of your post should have been sufficient to let you know I was simply questioning your logic behind the statement "AI is only as good as its human programmer". Maybe you skipped class that day?
Let me get this right. You're disagreeing with me by telling me to go and use a search engine? That is beyond a straw man argument. Out the ball park, well done! :lol:

One does not need to consult Google as one is already highly versed on this subject.

How about this; you stay away from Google, and the internet in general, and have a good look at yourself.

:tard:
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

@newkidontheblock why not? Different to humans, the machines don't have prejustice and they just store additional, new information in their memory (which, unlike to human's, can get extended if necessary)
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
YaTingPom
Expatriate
Palestine

Post by YaTingPom »

I actually did some research on emotions and it was a very difficult task to do. We actually programmed robots to have autism and Aspergers and the results were not made public and I am sworn to secrecy, official secrets act etc.

We also did testing on components, both hardware and software, with a manufactured solar flare at Caltech (they have actually just perfected it about 12 months ago) and everything was fried no matter what protection we offered. The strength was tiny compared to the sun, about .05 Angstrom.

So, any electrical components are highly susceptible to solar disruption, robots much more so than any existing electrickery.

Anyways, if want to know more then use Google (just kidding, I am not a tard)
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

YaTingPom wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:36 am
IraHayes wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:30 pm

Given the technological singularity has been known about and discussed for decades I am surprised you were unaware of its existence. Given, as you say, you have a bachelors degree in computer science.

Also, I was not attempting to answer your questions and my clipped quote of your post should have been sufficient to let you know I was simply questioning your logic behind the statement "AI is only as good as its human programmer". Maybe you skipped class that day?
Let me get this right. You're disagreeing with me by telling me to go and use a search engine? That is beyond a straw man argument. Out the ball park, well done! :lol:

One does not need to consult Google as one is already highly versed on this subject.

How about this; you stay away from Google, and the internet in general, and have a good look at yourself.

:tard:
Lets not forget where this exchange between us started.

YaTingPom: AI is only as good as its human programmer
IraHayes: The singularity won't come about because of "human programmers", AI will be the one writing its own code that leads to the singularity.

YaTingPom: What the fuck is a singularity and how is it relevant to AI

I have still to see your explanation as to why a person with a BSc in Comp Science would make that statement.
You clearly made it with conviction. Your use of an expletive demonstrates this. When you typed that statement you were unaware of what the technological singularity (commonly referred to as just the singularity) was and how AI will only assist in it becoming a reality.

ALl your previous replies have used distractions and arguments that were irrelevant to my original question.... so well done for trying to digress away from the only question that matters....

...... why a person with a BSc in Comp Science would make the statement "What the fuck is a singularity and how is it relevant to AI" .

I predict a few possible responses... none of which will directly answer the one question above.

My best bet is either ignore it and block or a reply about how you could tell me but can't due to an NDA or official secrets act.. blah blah blah etc etc
YaTingPom
Expatriate
Palestine

Post by YaTingPom »

TL:DR.

I am out mate. Get back to the bar.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

ressl wrote:[mention]newkidontheblock[/mention] why not? Different to humans, the machines don't have prejustice and they just store additional, new information in their memory (which, unlike to human's, can get extended if necessary)
People are sentimental. Even in many of the vampire movies, some vampires go crazy because they can deal with change over centuries. Or immortals, watching their mortal friends die of old age.

AI can store additional, new information, but what happens when it conflicts with the old information it was originally learned? Or if there is a conflict in learning? Like a child learning the world isn’t a clear black and white?

AI can already be prejudiced with its answers depending on where it gets its information from.
Robots of the future can be either be the sexist movie star girl or the ugliest most demanding mother in law.

HAL in 2001 was created to help the astronauts. But it was given a secret mission that no astronauts could ever know about. It then proceeded to cut communications and kill off the astronauts as a prerequisite to completing that mission.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic