VOIP question.

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

VOIP question.

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I’m considering the possibility of working remotely later in the year which will require the use of some type of VOIP system as the work I normally do requires a lot of phone calls (No, it’s not telesales).

Am I right in assuming if companies I work for use Freshdesk, HubSpot, Dialpad, or any of the other major providers, I can plug into their system wherever I am in the world and make calls without having to set up my own VOIP?

In your debt, at your service.
YaTingPom
Expatriate
Palestine

Re: VOIP question.

Post by YaTingPom »

Pretty much. You can download APPS or use their online browsers.

I use 3CX for work and have both. When I make a call it comes up with their local Australian number.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

YaTingPom wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:59 am Pretty much. You can download APPS or use their online browsers.

I use 3CX for work and have both. When I make a call it comes up with their local Australian number.
Cheers.

Should it happen, I've drilled it down to Bali, Yogyakarta, Siem Reap or Phnom Penh from where to operate, with all calls being made to Australia. Do you find any delay, dropping out, squelch etc when calling Australia from Cambodia? Any issues?
YaTingPom
Expatriate
Palestine

Post by YaTingPom »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:41 am
YaTingPom wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:59 am Pretty much. You can download APPS or use their online browsers.

Cheers.

Should it happen, I've drilled it down to Bali, Yogyakarta, Siem Reap or Phnom Penh from where to operate, with all calls being made to Australia. Do you find any delay, dropping out, squelch etc when calling Australia from Cambodia? Any issues?
Sometimes there is a delay, echo or just plain crap but I find often (as I am "calling" on a landline) they receiver blames themselves!

I like to freak my Oz mates out in Cambodia by calling their Oz mobile whilst I am hiding in the bar and say I am in Oz do they need anything, then walking in and saying hi!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic