Joe Biden too senile to prosecute.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Stravaiger
Expatriate

Re: Joe Biden too senile to prosecute.

Post by Stravaiger »

ItWasntMe wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:28 pm "Politics is the entertainment division of the military complex."

These days it's all degraded to the cheapest of reality TV production, and the general public has never been so into politics before. Everyone has a worthy opinion, everyone "knows" the secrets.

As free people we are doomed.
Usually attributed to Frank Zappa as 'military-industrial complex' but I think he was most concerned about the industrial part, i.e. the way government was in bed with large corporations. He wanted genuine government to stand up to industry.

However, the military is in fact an industry, perhaps the biggest, so I suppose it would be included in his formulation. It's all about the money.

US government is little more than a power sharing deal between two criminal gangs, where the differences are more cosmetic than otherwise. Like Coke versus Pepsi, neither are attractive options.

Tribal fervour is whipped up to persuade voters that they have a meaningful choice. I think kayfabe is the term used for this now.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Stravaiger wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:40 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:28 pm "Politics is the entertainment division of the military complex."

These days it's all degraded to the cheapest of reality TV production, and the general public has never been so into politics before. Everyone has a worthy opinion, everyone "knows" the secrets.

As free people we are doomed.
Usually attributed to Frank Zappa as 'military-industrial complex' but I think he was most concerned about the industrial part, i.e. the way government was in bed with large corporations. He wanted genuine government to stand up to industry.

However, the military is in fact an industry, perhaps the biggest, so I suppose it would be included in his formulation. It's all about the money.

US government is little more than a power sharing deal between two criminal gangs, where the differences are more cosmetic than otherwise. Like Coke versus Pepsi, neither are attractive options.

Tribal fervour is whipped up to persuade voters that they have a meaningful choice. I think kayfabe is the term used for this now.
In my view, the two major events that started the USA down the road of doom were:

#1 deregulation of media ownership limits

#2 SCOTUS deciding to protect corporate bribery as "free speech" ... two HUGE mistakes ...

Unless they reverse both, USA is done.

Just one man's opinion.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Military Industrial Complex goes a little deeper than Frank Zappa.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milita ... al_complex

Military Industries have been referred to as ‘Merchants of Death’. Part of the why Western Europe was more than happy to appease Hitler.

War and destruction are a basic component of human behavior. Ever since the first human picked up a bone and attacked another human, there has always been a search for a better bone.

Blaming someone else is also a very human trait as well.
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

newkidontheblock wrote:Military Industrial Complex goes a little deeper than Frank Zappa.

Military Industries have been referred to as ‘Merchants of Death’. Part of the why Western Europe was more than happy to appease Hitler.

War and destruction are a basic component of human behavior. Ever since the first human picked up a bone and attacked another human, there has always been a search for a better bone.

Blaming someone else is also a very human trait as well.
The boner and bonee. When the boner wacked the bonee over the head and the bonee dropped to the ground the boner must have thought - "I like this bone". We have been boning ever since. The End.
Stravaiger
Expatriate

Post by Stravaiger »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:35 pm Military Industrial Complex goes a little deeper than Frank Zappa.

I was referring to this:
While the quote is frequently listed as, "“Government is the entertainment division of the military-industrial complex," I could find no primary source. It appears to contradict the actual quote from a 1987 interview with Keyboard magazine where he is decidedly pro-government but anti-bullshit politics.:

Question: Perhaps many musicians simply aren't concerned with political issues.

Frank: Well, I think it behooves them to have political thoughts, but let me make a definition clarification here. I say politics is the entertainment branch of industry, and government is what we need.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Zappa/comments ... _industry/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic