30c...60% Humidity...7am Here comes the heat...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Re: 30c...60% Humidity...7am Here comes the heat...

Post by khmerhamster »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:59 pm
Stravaiger wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:43 am Get out your thermal underwear

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501438068/ ... -few-days/
Khmers and fires always cause me concern.
Why so?
It's how a very significant number will cook every day. Of course when there are so many fires being lit daily then there will be accidents. But lighting fires are just a normal part of life for many.
Nanook
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Nanook »

This morning it is 14 with 75% humidity at my house in Mondulkiri. Really nice.
barang_TK
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by barang_TK »

Starting now mid-february to approx. the Khmer New Year, i'm picking cashewnuts on my farm. Hot, no breeze and the sun hits hard even if most trees give a good shade. And the endless fight against red ants makes me sweat even more ! I try to start working at sunrise to avoid the heat but, by noon, i've drunk 5 to 6 liters (of water i mean :) ).
Fortunately, back home, i have a shady garden which keeps the house quite cool. Never used A/C, fans are enough. But fore sure, i can't wait to be in late june - beginning of july !
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Looks like I will be shoveling some snow today. I miss the hot temps.

My wife is the opposite, loves the damn cold and air-con. Can't make much sense of it, figured a Cambodian would hate the cold as much as I do.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

GMJS-CEO wrote:Looks like I will be shoveling some snow today. I miss the hot temps.

My wife is the opposite, loves the damn cold and air-con. Can't make much sense of it, figured a Cambodian would hate the cold as much as I do.
Minnesota Khmer Temple is one of the big temples in the US.

https://g.co/kgs/d16pJyF

https://religionsmn.carleton.edu/exhib ... troduction

So there are Khmer who love the cold.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Most Cambodians in the US live in Long Beach, Minnesota or Lowell Massachusetts. The latter two can get very cold.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

John Bingham wrote:Most Cambodians in the US live in Long Beach, Minnesota or Lowell Massachusetts. The latter two can get very cold.
Grew up in the Northeast, plenty of Khmer live there. About an hour from Lowell, Massachusetts. The first snow storm starts in September or October and the last snow storm is in May. But it doesn’t get Minnesota cold. Nor does it snow to people height. Black ice was a huge problem, as well as freezing sleet. Cannot imagine endless winter in Minnesota.
Roryborealis
Expatriate

Post by Roryborealis »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:16 pm
John Bingham wrote:Most Cambodians in the US live in Long Beach, Minnesota or Lowell Massachusetts. The latter two can get very cold.
Grew up in the Northeast, plenty of Khmer live there. About an hour from Lowell, Massachusetts. The first snow storm starts in September or October and the last snow storm is in May. But it doesn’t get Minnesota cold. Nor does it snow to people height. Black ice was a huge problem, as well as freezing sleet. Cannot imagine endless winter in Minnesota.
Minnesota was too much for me. I love the place but once I felt climates like Florida and Cambodia, there was no unringing that bell.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic