Ezecom New offer $18/30Mb line

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Ezecom New offer $18/30Mb line

Post by IraHayes »

As an old OpenNet customer I recently had a cold call from Ezecom informing me of a new offer. It was initiated by a phone call but we then moved onto Telegram.
Now $18 per month for a 30Mb line is way better than Smart@Home and appeared better than Metfone too. I balked when he wanted a photo of my passport but agreed to meet him at the Ezecom head office so I could confirm this was a genuine offer and when we met I said he should expect more foreigners to request a meeting before handing over things like a photo of your passport.
Anyway, it was moving along quite quickly and the next day he messaged me asking for a photo of my visa card. I was like, What??, I have already paid.. why do you need my visa card. Well, turns out he meant passport visa as I was a foreigner but it gave me a chuckle when I realised I had jumped to the wrong "visa card".. though he could have helped by phrasing it as your "passport visa".

Anyway, from the initial call to being installed and running took 3 days.
pay 6 months. get 7 and then just pay through the app at 18 a month after that. No other fees or charges. Free install & modem.

Now, how this all pans out in the long term is yet to be seen. Downloads are way faster than Smart@Home, latency when playing online games (my only real vice/distraction) seems way better and more stable. Just lately my most recently time-occupier-game has been jumping from <100 to an unplayable over 1k and spiking at over 8k on Smart@Home.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Ezecom New offer $18/30Mb line

Post by Doc67 »

Returned from Thailand yesterday to find internet not working.

I called them at 08:00am this morning

Techie turned up at 09.30am

Internet now works 09:46.

You can't beat that for service.
Joakim
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Joakim »

We changed to Ezecom a couple of months ago and I'm very, very pleased.

Fast, but for me partially working online, absolutely most important; reliable.
Almost never go down and if so back in as second.

Compare to my old Smart its a dream. (Car vs Pushbike)

I can really recommend it.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Just a little more info about my time with Ezecom.

I recently moved and although there was a relocation fee this can be waived by simply paying for another 6 months in advance (+1 month free too ofc). Since I have been very impressed with the service this was a no-brainer tbh and the Internet is still excellent in my new home.
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

Mekong Net is offering 70mbps for 20 dollars a month... Get 4 free months if you pay for 12 months and free equipment...

Have not tried as building has 20mbps for 5 dollars ...

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

My only issue with the fixed line folks is that the city is still under construction; it just takes one new building going up in your area & bosh, you're offline until Ezecom can re-route it, or get the old line back up & out of the excavator. Also, Ezecom installation teams typically just run a cable through a window, like you will just leave that open all year long & not care about your air-con, mosquitoes etc. Has any of that changed? It is a real shame because I used to enjoy Ezecom when it was up and running, it could not be beaten for steadiness - but those offline days, and yes, days, drove me to the wireless gang.

At those rates though, could be well worth a look since the Smartnas app is diabolically bad at managing plans/Smart @home, etc.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

My internet is struggling lately, particularly with Google Maps ability to show photos of Hotels etc. The more they have the slower they are to show. Other sites with pictures (no, behave) are also painfully slow.

The download speed tests were ok, and I used an overseas server, but the upload speeds are pitiful. Is this the cause of the problem?

stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

Your DL speed looks in line with the topic of this thread - this is what pulls the data to display the images. The UL is used to request the data. If I understand, you are using a VPN, try switching that off.

Your Ping is really high - 200 ms. That could be the multi connection (VPN).

Also, try powering off the router for a few minutes then power back on. This will re-establish the connection to the service.

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

stevenjb wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:33 am Your DL speed looks in line with the topic of this thread - this is what pulls the data to display the images. The UL is used to request the data. If I understand, you are using a VPN, try switching that off.

Your Ping is really high - 200 ms. That could be the multi connection (VPN).

Also, try powering off the router for a few minutes then power back on. This will re-establish the connection to the service.
I'm not using a VPN.

I am seeing this problem more frequently on Google Maps search when I click on a restaurant and try and view the pictures. Sometimes they don't load at all.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic