Entering Cambodia w/ pending criminal charges

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Entering Cambodia w/ pending criminal charges

Post by Ghostwriter »

BklynBoy wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:06 am For some reason I thought I saw this discussed but couldn't find it.
This page maybe ?
general-chatter/how-safe-you-feel-cambo ... 75-20.html
JF
Tourist
United States of America

Post by JF »

BklynBoy wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:06 am For some reason I thought I saw this discussed but couldn't find it. I have a friend who may come w/ me and he is asking about entering Cambodia w/ pending criminal charges.

He is a U.S. Citiizen, has his passport. There was nothing about Bail or anything as far as I know.

I think there is nothing on Visa form asking about criminal history but if he applied in advance for a visa- would it make a difference?
His criminal charge is not murder/rape or anything violent

He just needs to return for the next court date- Obviously

I assume no but wanted to ask here

appreciate

I wouldn't worry about it. Over here they dont ask questions. Get a Visa upon arrival would be a better idea. Getting Visa online would take longer and might raise questions.

Coming into United States, if nobody finds out that the person left the country and no warrants pending when you come back into the States, then you should be fine. I would speak to your attorney before considering leaving the country. Your attorney would tell you rather you can leave and make sure you come back before the court date.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Cant remember who quoted this, and probably refers to many places besides Cambodia.
"A sunny place for shady characters"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic