how worn out is your passport?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: how worn out is your passport?

Post by Alex »

Bluenose wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:49 am While it's a PITA, airlines get fined for any passengers that they carry without proper/acceptable documentation, and it's generally a lot more than $500. That would probably be applicable on this case. A 2cm tear is certainly enough for many airlines to refuse carriage, that's nothing new or unusual.
I agree, they are just covering their behinds.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

update:
I got my laisser-passer today from the french embassy (representing Italy in Cambodia) and now I am forced to get a VISA for Thailand (even having an italian passport that would entitle to a 30 days VOA) as thats the rule for entering Thailand with a laisser-passer. 40 bucks
As per homepage of the Thai embassy this will take another 3-5 working days..another 70 bucks in overstay fees.
Maybe someone can PM the contact details of somebody who can speed up the service.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

Mine is worn out yes. Some of the stamped pages have bled into each other because i got stuck outside during a tropical storm. Actually it would have been fine but i dropped the bag containing the passport outside in the dark and it got soaked. People in chain questioned it, but i made it through anyway. Nobody else bothered so far. USA passport. Made out of paper of course, but the main page is laminated.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic