Star Bar Siem Reap

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Star Bar Siem Reap

Post by hdgh29 »

HaifongWangchuck wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:27 pm
John Bingham wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:24 pm
HaifongWangchuck wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:19 pm
pissontheroof wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:42 pm I just got a free one year pass to angkor wat ,
I was going to cut thru once to see the butterfly farm but couldn’t take the short cut without a ticket to enter
So I got the free pass and went one time to say I been there .
Believe me it’snot worth it .

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®
Only APSARA Authority has the legal authority to issue entry tickets, and they do not issue a "one year pass" of any kind (if you are a long term resident registered with your Sangkat, you generally do not need a pass at all). I would check the fine print on what you were given to make sure you weren't boosted with a swindle.
You are completely wrong on this. I got a one year pass just over a year ago, must remember to update it but I used it last January and it worked fine.
On the website for the state-owned enterprise that manages the Angkor Wat site, they say *only* they may issue entrance tickets:
Angkor Enterprise wrote:The Angkor Ticket Office (Angkor Enterprise) is the only place where you can purchase entrance tickets for the Angkor Archaeological Park. Tickets purchased elsewhere are not valid
And it would appear that the longest duration pass they issue is for 6 months, so a year-long pass is almost certainly not an officially recognised ticket that the APSARA Authority is obliged to honour.

Otherwise, wouldn't every business that could afford to issue their own tickets and passes, denying the state one of their favourite sources of revenue?
Its free, its legit, you do it online, takes 4 hours to process, get it printed and laminated at a local print shop for 1,000 KHR.
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Star Bar Siem Reap

Post by pissontheroof »

Mine landed in my email the following day , and I went to their office and picked up the copy they made for me
The email includes the picture you could print out . Or “ save “ to photos .
No need to print , they told me in the email that I could just keep a copy available on the phone 📱
If they doubt it they just zoom in the code with thier device ( like a credit card reader )
and a duplicate pops up on thier end to scrutinize
Just like it should be …
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic