Donald Trump vs Taylor Swift, who will win?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.

Will Donald Trump or Taylor Swift win?

Poll runs till Tue Sep 23, 2025 11:34 pm

Donald Trump
27%
Taylor Swift
47%
I don't know.
27%

Total votes: 15
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Donald Trump vs Taylor Swift, who will win?

Post by BklynBoy »

@Fridaywithmateo it's not that serious is it? who cares. I agree she is not Bob Marley but not many artists are.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

BklynBoy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:22 am @Fridaywithmateo it's not that serious is it? who cares. I agree she is not Bob Marley but not many artists are.
10-4
Roryborealis
Expatriate

Post by Roryborealis »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:29 am
Roryborealis wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:55 pm
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:38 pm She is like the Madonna of this generation ... and look how Madonna fizzed out after a good run. Hollywood creates these type of stars who sell their soul for fame & fortune. Yuck.
But your favorite stars would never "sell their soul."

For example, Bob Marley would have totally voted for Donald Trump. Right. Just like you, the "soul" expert. Praise Jah Jah.

Don't worry Soul Expert, as you can see, there are many men who feel just as threatened as you by strong, successful women.
I have never heard her sing ... she might be good ... But hide 'n watch ... 10 years ... max.

Gentleman' wager? Say 100 bones?

On Mr Marley ... you should listen to his 1979 interview in New Zealand ... #awesome ... and the Let the Saints Through lost tapes ... man, that dude was a special package. Led Zepplin/Marley ... my dream bill. I saw Red Hot Chili Peppers open for Run DMC in San Francisco at the Filmore ... that was wild ... 1984. Back before the Dems ruined one of the greatest cities ever.
No thank you. I don't gamble. A statistics professor once showed me how the house always wins. And I sure as shit ain't the house.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Trump doesn’t sing to audiences all over the world, Swift hasn’t been a mayor, Governor, or a President. Completely not in each others area of expertise.

If it was Ronald Reagan vs Trump or BTS or TWICE vs Swift would be a lot more relevant.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Oh, You Internet.

Post by Clutch Cargo »

rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

This is probably going to tick some people off, and I hope it does. But I’m going to keep on sharing it and saying it. And once again, I am not a Swiftie, but I am a human being, a Dad AND, a Monstrous Football fan.
I am extremely disappointed in so many of you who think that "not being a fan" of someone means you're entitled to shit all over them.
I want to remind you of something.

Your children are watching you complain about Taylor Swift sitting at a football game, being happy, and cheering for a man she loves in what appears to be a very loving, respectful relationship.
Your Children are watching you judge a woman for literally just EXISTING and taking up space happily.
And you know what? Ms. Swift has won 324 awards? How many do you have?

She brought $5 BILLION dollars in consumer spending and boosted the U. S. economy so significantly, that leaders from other countries actually beg for her to play there?

Did you know that there are over 20 college courses about her skills as an artist, lyricist, and musician - including at places like Harvard, Stanford & UC Berkeley?
Did you know that Taylor Swift quietly donates mass amounts of money to local food banks in every city she performs in?
AND DID YOU KNOW …

That Taylor Swift was sexually assaulted by a radio DJ, and she got him fired? When he sued HER for over $3 million for defamation, she counter sued for a symbolic $1 in a court case that took 2 YEARS for her to win. And, she did that just to show women that fighting for what's right has no price tag & to never be silent in the face of oppression.

WELL IF YOU DON’T CARE BY NOW, YOU SHOULD.

Because your daughters, nieces, and your nephews are watching you run your mouth. And they are seeing the world hate a woman who does so much good, simply because she exists in their line of sight.
DO BETTER PEOPLE.

Teach your boys to respect women. Teach your girls that as women - they are ALLOWED to take up space.
Fix it. Become aware of your words. Because we all have the ability and the obligation to fight for the future of our children with simple moments. And we need to consciously choose to be better for them.

Written by Joe Becigneul
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:29 am
Roryborealis wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:55 pm
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:38 pm She is like the Madonna of this generation ... and look how Madonna fizzed out after a good run. Hollywood creates these type of stars who sell their soul for fame & fortune. Yuck.
But your favorite stars would never "sell their soul."

For example, Bob Marley would have totally voted for Donald Trump. Right. Just like you, the "soul" expert. Praise Jah Jah.

Don't worry Soul Expert, as you can see, there are many men who feel just as threatened as you by strong, successful women.
I have never heard her sing ... she might be good ... But hide 'n watch ... 10 years ... max.

Gentleman' wager? Say 100 bones?

On Mr Marley ... you should listen to his 1979 interview in New Zealand ... #awesome ... and the Let the Saints Through lost tapes ... man, that dude was a special package. Led Zepplin/Marley ... my dream bill. I saw Red Hot Chili Peppers open for Run DMC in San Francisco at the Filmore ... that was wild ... 1984. Back before the Dems ruined one of the greatest cities ever.
Hide ‘n’ watch, Trump will be irrelevant within 5 years.

BTW, San Francisco has voted Democratic since 1964.
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Born-Confused »

Kenr wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:13 am
Hide ‘n’ watch, Trump will be irrelevant within 5 years.
He'll be dead within 5 years..... she won't
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Post by angsta »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:14 pm Taylor Swift reminds me of The Justin Beiber days ... manufactured super stars to sell stuff ... in this case NFL advertising ... also attract more young female (spenders) eyeballs using drama and romance ... might even pick up some international market share. She'll be washed up in 10 years or less, my prediction.
10 years? She has been releasing albums since 2006 and has sold hundreds of millions. Define washed up? Retired, married to an NFL player and a billionaire? Sounds awful, poor girl.

Comparing her to Justin Beiber is like comparing Milli Vanili (Google them) to The Beatles.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Credit where credit’s due?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic