Went for a bike ride around the riverside area

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Went for a bike ride around the riverside area

Post by stevenjb »

Very nice. How long did it take to edit that 5-min segment?
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

stevenjb wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:11 pm Very nice. How long did it take to edit that 5-min segment?
Altogether about 8-10 hours, spread over several days, but I'm pretty new to editing so had to learn a lot of things from scratch. If I did it again, I could probably do it in less than half the time now.

It still isn't perfect, it's a bit too jerky in places, (as in the frame rate) not sure why, but when you look at the same clips over and over again, you get bored of the project and want to move onto another one. I'll learn how to sort out the jerkiness with the next video.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

xandreu wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:41 pm
stevenjb wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:11 pm Very nice. How long did it take to edit that 5-min segment?
Altogether about 8-10 hours, spread over several days, but I'm pretty new to editing so had to learn a lot of things from scratch. If I did it again, I could probably do it in less than half the time now.

It still isn't perfect, it's a bit too jerky in places, (as in the frame rate) not sure why, but when you look at the same clips over and over again, you get bored of the project and want to move onto another one. I'll learn how to sort out the jerkiness with the next video.
Look at Davinci Resolve. One of the best video editing softwares out there and it is completely free. Has a bit of a learning curve.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

hanno wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:13 pm

Look at Davinci Resolve. One of the best video editing softwares out there and it is completely free. Has a bit of a learning curve.
Yes, that's what I used. :thumb:
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Once a week I'll take a route to work on my bike that takes in Riverside from the Arey Ksat ferry dock to St 110, normally around 6.45am, makes a pleasant detour
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

xandreu wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:47 pm
hanno wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:13 pm

Yes, that's what I used. :thumb:
This guy has an excellent course. Not free, but worth it. https://www.udemy.com/course/davinci-re ... ng-course/
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

What time was the video taken?
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:45 am What time was the video taken?
Early evening. Between 4 and 5.30ish I think.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Beautiful video mate 👏🤩
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

I went to Siem Reap last weekend. The air quality is so much better than Phnom Penh, as it is still prior to leaf-burning season...

Here in the south end of Phnom Penh they're burning some kind of awful plastic every night this past week. The air quality is really REALLY shitty all over Phnom Penh and nobody cares.

It probably causes tens of thousands of deaths from lung disease every year.

The health ministry is always warning people about avoiding sources of smoke, like cigarettes... But the peasants in power have yet to legislate against charcoal burning...

In Colombia, they have natural gas running to all households, even in the poor barrios...

I guess it is just too expensive to clean up... As long as you have an SUV and a fancy hotel to park your sluts in, who cares?

Not the government, not the rich, not nobody ...

Everyone is just stupid people.
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic