e-Arrival Card app for foreigners coming to Cambodia to be launched in 2024

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: e-Arrival Card app for foreigners coming to Cambodia to be launched in 2024

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:41 am
Alex wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:35 pm
cabron wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:00 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:09 pm What authority is "Dave does Cambodia"? The press release states that 1st Jan 24 - 30th Jun is the TRIAL period of the e-Arrival Card System, there have been no statements indicating that it will be the only option from Jul 24.
Anyone tried this new E- arrival card app yet?
I was wondering the same, I'll fly to Phnom Penh in two weeks and I'd be interested.
I flew in from BKK on 16th Jan and they were still handing out paper cards on the plane. Is the app up and running yet?
It's available in the app store and seems to work.

Reluctant to test it, you have to scan your passport to use it.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i looked at it online as gf is flying back for new years, it asks for tel #
what if u dont have Cambodian tel# it says required???
as i assume 90% of visitors dont
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:12 pm i looked at it online as gf is flying back for new years, it asks for tel #
I thought cambodians didn't need to fill in the arrival card? Especially if they use the egates
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I flew in about a week ago, completed the e-arrival form a few days in advance (very simple and user friendly), also filled in paper copies just in case. Proceeded straight to passport control, gave the Immigration Officer my passport and showed him the QR code, received an extremely blank then confused/embarrassed look, got asked for Immigration Card, showed QR code again, same confused look, got handed a paper Immigration Card and told to go back and fill it in, saw a senior Immigration Officer a few steps away so went straight over to him and he knew all about the app and came over to brief up the guy at passport control... obviously there has been insufficient training on the e-arrival system given to IO's....let's see what happens when I depart, and in a couple months when the trial ends and they are supposedly meant to scrap the paper cards.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:12 pm i looked at it online as gf is flying back for new years, it asks for tel #
In the field for the phone number, you can click on the country part and select another country / country code. The preselected country seems to be your passport country, at least it was in my case. I changed it, no problem.

Same with the messenger app field. If you click on WhatsApp which is preselected, you can select another messenger app (Line, Telegram, WeChat and WhatsApp are the options). I changed it to Telegram.

The app looks pretty good I think. I couldn't actually submit my entry yet, because it has to be done within 7 days to your arrival. The app stores a draft and you can go back and edit every single page again anytime.

I wished Thai immigration would produce an app of this quality. All their apps have been garbage so far.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:48 pm I flew in about a week ago, completed the e-arrival form a few days in advance (very simple and user friendly), also filled in paper copies just in case. Proceeded straight to passport control, gave the Immigration Officer my passport and showed him the QR code, received an extremely blank then confused/embarrassed look, got asked for Immigration Card, showed QR code again, same confused look, got handed a paper Immigration Card and told to go back and fill it in, saw a senior Immigration Officer a few steps away so went straight over to him and he knew all about the app and came over to brief up the guy at passport control... obviously there has been insufficient training on the e-arrival system given to IO's....let's see what happens when I depart, and in a couple months when the trial ends and they are supposedly meant to scrap the paper cards.
Ha, you've got me wondering! I think I could sort out any issues on arrival at the airport in the same way you did, but to complicate things, next time I visit Cambodia I'll exit at a land border. That could be a real problem I'd imagine.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:08 pm
cabron wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:00 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:09 pm What authority is "Dave does Cambodia"? The press release states that 1st Jan 24 - 30th Jun is the TRIAL period of the e-Arrival Card System, there have been no statements indicating that it will be the only option from Jul 24.
Anyone tried this new E- arrival card app yet?
I was wondering the same, I'll fly to Phnom Penh in two weeks and I'd be interested.
I flew in from BKK on 16th Jan and they were still handing out paper cards on the plane. Is the app up and running yet?

You can do it manually, that's what I did, I cannot scan it, perhaps my phone is too old A12.
Boredom is like a shroud
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

cabron wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:27 pm
cabron wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:00 pm Anyone tried this new E- arrival card app yet?

You can do it manually, that's what I did, I cannot scan it, perhaps my phone is too old A12.
Will use the bic in my backpack instead..... Most flight to Phnom Penh aren't that entertaining I will be too busy to fill.in the card.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:14 am
cabron wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:27 pm

Will use the bic in my backpack instead..... Most flight to Phnom Penh aren't that entertaining I will be too busy to fill.in the card.
In the rainy season they can get quite interesting. Filling in a card with your trusty BIC might prove difficult too.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Today's flight was smooth as silk, and I like the fact the Cambodian airlines like to put foreigners at the exit seats. I think they're scared an overactive Cambodian passenger will take a shortcut after landing.....

Everyone was handed out a paper card as usual. They were also available on the (large) tables in the airport. Nothing points to a 'trial period' for the app. No announcement, no recommendations, nothing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic