Shipping from the United States

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Shipping from the United States

Post by Kenr »

hmph wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:16 am
Kenr wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:09 am
Yes sir I did read it. But I am sending credit card, which DHL and FedEx state on their website they will not ship, I don't have many options.
Ah sorry for hijacking the thread then. Is it a family member sending it? You can just declare it as something else. And hide it in something to be on the safe side if they open it.

Incidently have a friend that had the same problem. He called his US bank and they shipped it here. Although the package got lost.
Not a family member. When I worked I delivered to a place called Mail Box Plus and got to be friends with the owner. I have a box rented there, until 2029, to get all my tax documents, bank letters, and other things mailed there, and then they just scan the documents and email it to me. They ship through every major shipping company in the US. They will be processing the shipping for me. Pretty much EMS snd UPS are my only options, cannot waste time having the cc sent back because the shipping company found that I shipped something that they do not allow, not worth it.
hmph
Expatriate

Post by hmph »

Kenr wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:24 am Not a family member. When I worked I delivered to a place called Mail Box Plus and got to be friends with the owner. I have a box rented there, until 2029, to get all my tax documents, bank letters, and other things mailed there, and then they just scan the documents and email it to me. They ship through every major shipping company in the US. They will be processing the shipping for me. Pretty much EMS snd UPS are my only options, cannot waste time having the cc sent back because the shipping company found that I shipped something that they do not allow, not worth it.
If you don't know anyone else in the US. You could, like the other guy said, sign up for myus.com. I have used their services myself and if I remember correctly, you declare the contents yourself. And if you know the guy in the PO box place, best to have him put it in another envelope first so it's not obvious it's from a bank.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

hmph wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:48 am
Kenr wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:24 am Not a family member. When I worked I delivered to a place called Mail Box Plus and got to be friends with the owner. I have a box rented there, until 2029, to get all my tax documents, bank letters, and other things mailed there, and then they just scan the documents and email it to me. They ship through every major shipping company in the US. They will be processing the shipping for me. Pretty much EMS snd UPS are my only options, cannot waste time having the cc sent back because the shipping company found that I shipped something that they do not allow, not worth it.
If you don't know anyone else in the US. You could, like the other guy said, sign up for myus.com. I have used their services myself and if I remember correctly, you declare the contents yourself. And if you know the guy in the PO box place, best to have him put it in another envelope first so it's not obvious it's from a bank.
How? As I said before, I don't have an active credit card to pay.
hmph
Expatriate

Post by hmph »

Kenr wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:57 am
How? As I said before, I don't have an active credit card to pay.
I'll DM you
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic