B1/B2 Visa for USA (UK citizen in pp)

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
GarfieldsLasagna
Expatriate
Cambodia

B1/B2 Visa for USA (UK citizen in pp)

Post by GarfieldsLasagna »

Advice for B1/B2 Visa interview (UK reg)

Hi all in the last trip I made to Vegas I accidentally overstayed on the ESTA by a few hours.

So when I returned recently to Vegas at the airport I had alot of problems but I was granted access to be let in and had to pay some fee of around $700. But have been told I'm banned from the ESTA scheme.

I have an interview on the 11th January for a B1/B2 tourist Visa in Phnom Penh Cambodia where I currently live.

Anyone have any advice on what to say in the interview etc and what not to say as its a pretty big sweat to get a Visa to go to America

Thanks
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: B1/B2 Visa for USA (UK citizen in pp)

Post by newkidontheblock »

Be honest. If you did overstay over the limit be a few hours, they will probably grant you a visa.

However, expect to be flagged for secondary screening in the US when you arrive.

You must be squeaky clean on arrival. Clear, verifiable itinerary, no drugs, carrying below 10,000 cash. Nothing questionable, even on your cell phone.
GarfieldsLasagna
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by GarfieldsLasagna »

Thanks for the input.

I'm a little worried as I'm living here on a 1 year work visa I bought from a travel agency and I am technically self employed online so have no proof of employment technically
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Do you have (or did you have for last year) a work permit? If you don't have a job here that's one less reason why you might not leave the USA when you are supposed to in their eyes.
Whatever you say once, you need to be able to say the same thing the next few times you are asked the same question.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

GarfieldsLasagna wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:24 pm Advice for B1/B2 Visa interview (UK reg)

Hi all in the last trip I made to Vegas I accidentally overstayed on the ESTA by a few hours.

So when I returned recently to Vegas at the airport I had alot of problems but I was granted access to be let in and had to pay some fee of around $700. But have been told I'm banned from the ESTA scheme.

I have an interview on the 11th January for a B1/B2 tourist Visa in Phnom Penh Cambodia where I currently live.

Anyone have any advice on what to say in the interview etc and what not to say as its a pretty big sweat to get a Visa to go to America

Thanks
No need for US Visa any longer, just walk in from Mexico
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic