Floozys Freelancer Bar on 172

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Re: Floozys Freelancer Bar on 172

Post by angsta »

Ivan Idea wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:11 pm Talking about 172 street. I returned to PP 3 days ago. How 172 as changed. The noise from 2 bars was so loud, I was in a bar 100 yards away and could hear it. I asked the owner about the noise and couldn't she do anything about it, she said no the local police get money from these 2 bars. I said I'm glad I don't live on 172. The 2 bars are the Parrot and Big easy. The owners don't care about people living close by. Shame on them. :boxing:
Which one is The Parrot? I have stayed opposite this place a few times. I didn't notice any noise late into the night. Maybe they have changed their music policy. The Big Easy usually shuts down around 12.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:56 am

Because unlike hostess bars, which do not provide rooms for customers to spend alone time with the ladies, they're offering short-time rooms for the obvious purpose of men paying for play with the freelancers who hang around in their bar. Unless they're paying ridiculous tea money to the right people, will be shut down, or they'll be extorted, as soon as the authorities get wind of what's happening. Walkabout got away with it for years, but the owners paid for authorities to ignore.
I understand that the laws in this country aren’t supposed to make sense to us foreigners, but if the ladies hanging out there are just customers themselves, and not employees of the bar, then how is it any different than someone taking a lady from a hostess bar to any other hotel?

Is it the fact that the rooms can be rented by the hour? I thought that was pretty common here.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

I understand that the laws in this country aren’t supposed to make sense to us foreigners, but if the ladies hanging out there are just customers themselves, and not employees of the bar, then how is it any different than someone taking a lady from a hostess bar to any other hotel?

This was always Glenn's argument when the cops would give the Walkabout a hard time for it's business model.
Earl of Mercia
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Earl of Mercia »

The used condom special investigations bureau will be all over this place in very short order!
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

I walked by a couple of days ago and it really didn't look like a "freelance" place, more like your typical girly bar. That said I did not ask about the dreaded ladies drinks or if they actually charge a barfine for takeout. If they are advertising ST room on this forum it seems like a losing business move. Just asking for a visit from the "condom police".
floozys
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by floozys »

We don’t employ any ladies. If the guys happen to meet one that they click with then it’s two consenting adults. In fact the police have been to our establishment to get thumb prints to attest that as long as we don’t employ ladies that go out there is absolutely no problem. Lady drinks are $4.00 and the ladies do not hover over you like “bargoyles” waiting for drinks. It’s a really fun place with any sports shown on our big screens, the noise of the music isn’t deafening so the rooms are quiet. We have double paned glass sliding door that blocks 90% of the noise. 24 hour food also. Far cry from the walk about. We do not charge bar fines at all.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

".....Lady drinks are $4.00"

can a guy buy a lady a drink same as he buys for himself (less than $4 I bet) Beers ? $1-1.50
as i recall walkabout, drinks were same price no matter who drank them

or does he have to buy a "lady drink" which i assume u take a cut ?

"And $12 for a ST room additionally looks like 'profiting from'."= rooms for fucking. no if, and or question
nice profit for 2 hours of electricity, water and a maid to clean
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

That is funny. Not a “girlie bar” but has S/T rooms and lady drinks. Who is the OP trying to fool?
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

It’s not the turn of the century anymore. Walkabou was a long time ago. Is Le Cyrcee still operating? What was that one the corner with the adjoining hotel? They got busted, had cameras
I think that this chap is out of touch. But who knows?
floozys
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by floozys »

The ladies come here to make money so the lady drinks give them incentive to come and hang out. We do not take any percentage of lady drinks. We split it 50/50 with the ladies so it barely covers our costs. You’d be surprised at how many people use short time rooms if they have a late flight or taxi drivers waiting to go back to siem reap etc. our drafts are $1.00 always but very doubtful you’ll get a lady willing to sit with you long if you don’t buy her a lady drink. That’s just how it works economically. Nobody is gonna work for free.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic