Registering to vote in the UK while residing in Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Registering to vote in the UK while residing in Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

IraHayes wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:20 pm Doc is probably right with the whole "dropping" off the system. My passport was renewed 6 months ago so I guess they have no interest in me.
And really... people worrying about their governments knowing where they are. IF they wanted to know where you are they would just run your passport, credit and bank records..... but seriously ... they don't care about you. You are not that important.
Jealousy fills me. I know my government doesn't care shit about me, but the tax department is a like a wife which won't let me go, even after we agreed on emigration. Till death.....
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Registering to vote in the UK while residing in Cambodia

Post by xandreu »

I know you shouldn't think like this, and if everyone thought like this, blah blah blah... but these are exceptional circumstances.

There is absolutely no way in hell that the Tories are going to win the next election. As much as people abhor Labour, and many people do, they would rather have them ruin the country than keep the status quo of corruptions, scandals, lying, law-breaking, incompetence, dishonesty, a complete and utter lack of integrity, and many would suggest down-right theft from the public purse.

Just the PPE 'VIP Lanes' scandal alone demands a criminal investigation, let alone any of the numerous other scandals the government have been involved in.

I'm no fan of Labour, they are well-known for not having a clue how to run a successful economy, but for that, I have two words - Liz Truss.

Unless you feel like it's your civil, patriotic duty to vote in the UK election, I wouldn't bother if I were you. It is an absolute foregone conclusion that it will be handed to Labour on a plate.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic