Postal code for SWIFT Transfer to ABA

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Postal code for SWIFT Transfer to ABA

Post by Bluenose »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:24 am
Bluenose wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:35 am One foible of ABA is that there is no zip/postal code in account profiles. My go-to website for hotel bookings requires this info to be entered when paying by card, haven't found a way round it yet to use my ABA card.

The way around it is to enter whatever-the-fuck-you-feel-like into that field & it works
No, it doesn't work, have tried various things. When a payment system is checking a card payment it needs to be correct.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Bluenose wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:15 am
Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:24 am
Bluenose wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:35 am One foible of ABA is that there is no zip/postal code in account profiles. My go-to website for hotel bookings requires this info to be entered when paying by card, haven't found a way round it yet to use my ABA card.

The way around it is to enter whatever-the-fuck-you-feel-like into that field & it works
No, it doesn't work, have tried various things. When a payment system is checking a card payment it needs to be correct.
Well, since I regularly use 000000 or 070406 or even 012345 that seems a little weird - my set ABA address is in Kampong Thom with no set postcode and I don't have any issue through any payment gateways & buy goods and services internationally almost daily
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

I've made payments with ABA cards where a ZIP code was required as part of the address. That has never been a problem. I don't think they actually validate the ZIP code, but for what it's worth, I'm using the correct ZIP code for my Phnom Penh address registered with ABA.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Maybe it's specific to the company I use. It's not that they require an address, it's the payment processing/validation part where you enter card #, name on card, expiry date and the 3 digits on the back. I went in branch at ABA and they confirmed that was the issue. Certain places may insist on payment providers requiring more verification, a bit like MFA becoming compulsory in some places.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic