can you keep extending a visa every year?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Zyzz
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: can you keep extending a visa every year?

Post by Zyzz »

You're new to Cambodia and you already have plans to marry? Just checking I understood this right.
we have been talking before i came for a long time. i think i will give her a chance, life cant be any worse over there than where i am now. i am very happy with to be with her.

other question... with the immigration app, what should i enter as her address if she doesnt have one? maybe an officer can help?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Zyzz wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:25 am

other question... with the immigration app, what should i enter as her address if she doesnt have one? maybe an officer can help?
Don't worry, you only need an address when you extend your initial 'ordinary visa', so that gives you 30 days to find out a / the address.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Can you? You have to.

Get a "Concrete Road" address. Anything will suffice (bar your own).

You might get lucky with a barang business owner, re work permit.

So long as your ducks are aligned, your agent can sort stuff.

If you've been seeing Cina, keep seeing Cina, seeing as you've seen Cina previously.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

You're new to Cambodia and you already have plans to marry? Just checking I understood this right.
we have been talking before i came for a long time. i think i will give her a chance, life cant be any worse over there than where i am now. i am very happy with to be with her.

You don't have to marry her in order to give her a chance.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

armchairlawyer wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:55 am

The wise man will sit in a cave alone, having understood all there is to understand.

The living man will go to Cambodia and marry a woman he met online because fuck common sense.

I'm split between the two.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

ItWasntMe wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:32 am
armchairlawyer wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:55 am

The wise man will sit in a cave alone, having understood all there is to understand.

The living man will go to Cambodia and marry a woman he met online because fuck common sense.

I'm split between the two.
You don’t have to get married in order to live. Just go to Cambodia.
barang_TK
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by barang_TK »

Zyzz wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:24 ami read one post about police coming to your residence to check but im not sure if the person was joking or not. is this something that can happen? what do you do in this situation? im sorry if these are stupid questions but im planning my move there and dont want to make any mistakes. thank you.
Every year, the district police station call me when the immigration officers from PP come to check if the few foreigners living in the district have a valid work permit. Usually i see some Indians at the station, but not this year, i was alone. Officers arrived from PP (or they probably did stop in other districts on their way) in two brand new minivans, 11 guys plus the 3 policemen who welcomed them, just to check my work permit. Felt like a VIP ! Ten minutes later, they were back on the road again ;-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic