American to marry cambodian girl. she wants cambodian wedding. and for it to be registered. have a question.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Zyzz
Expatriate
Cambodia

American to marry cambodian girl. she wants cambodian wedding. and for it to be registered. have a question.

Post by Zyzz »

i think ill have everything in order but i have read they may want to see proof of 2500 income per month ... i do not have this now. how strict are they with this?
is there anyone to pay off so it wont be an issue?

thank you.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: American to marry cambodian girl. she wants cambodian wedding. and for it to be registered. have a question.

Post by Freightdog »

If you search for Marriage in this Ask the Expats subforum, and then go back about 8pages to avoid some of the recent guff and misguided chatter, there is a more recent marriage thread. Circa 2021
Also, search for posts on the topic by PSD-kiwi who has a finger on the pulse of many things to do with Khmer legal processes, with some guidance on other places to look.

Here’s one I started earlier, quoting PSD-kiwi in the opening salvo
ask-the-expats-questions-answers/marria ... 46395.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic