e-Arrival Card app for foreigners coming to Cambodia to be launched in 2024

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: e-Arrival Card app for foreigners coming to Cambodia to be launched in 2024

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Cambodia are also in the process of installing those auto Immigration thingies mentioned above, will be ready next year.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

khmerhamster wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:04 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:36 pm
YaTingPom wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:16 am
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:25 am Another move to force people to buy new phones all the time as more merchants/banks/immigration/ etc etc move to phone apps, the more storage you need to handle all these new apps>
plus how many times have apps not worked ??

How many of us have perfectly good phones, but cant use them cause the new apps wont load on them??

so no app on the phone...denied entry?
You can do it online.
Just ran thru it for Cambodian:
still need a phone to scan ur passport and a phone for ur qr code OR a printer.
Not in
what a hassle
it is in no way easier than filing this shit out on the plane.

thailand just made it easy to leave as well ( at least at 1 airport)

I imagine that when arrival cards were introduced you were complaining ‘what? No pen, no entry?’

Seriously, some people just love to find issue. This is clearly an improvement to process. I hate having to fill out the same information on multiple forms.
Such a pain for tourists, visa application, customs and immigration form all asking for pretty much the same info - with no space available on the form to complete accurately. Then handing the forms in - especially the customs form and nobody even looking at it.
These documents can be filled in advanced in the confort of your home or hotel before you go to the airport to take your flight. I personally travel to BKK frequently so I always have the Kingdom Immgration Card, Custom Declaration, Health Notice Form ( not being use for now) I have no need for Application Form for Visa On Arrival but I have some available in case someone needs one. When the flight dispense these forms, you smile and ask for a few spares that you keep in your travel documents porfolio. :D
Boredom is like a shroud
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Yea I always travel with extra copies of the Immigration Card and Customs Declaration, fill them out before I even board my flight, have been on a few flights where the crew didn't have them to hand out and then everyone has to get them on arrival to fill in, delaying getting out of the airport.

Note: The Cambodian Immigration Card doubles as the VOA application, there is no separate form.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:23 pm Yea I always travel with extra copies of the Immigration Card and Customs Declaration, fill them out before I even board my flight, have been on a few flights where the crew didn't have them to hand out and then everyone has to get them on arrival to fill in, delaying getting out of the airport.

Note: The Cambodian Immigration Card doubles as the VOA application, there is no separate form.
Last month at BKK these documents were handed at the check in by Thai Airways, I also asked the agent for a few more forms.
Boredom is like a shroud
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Just flew in today: no cards on the plane. I had some spares with me, that I had filled out on the plane (I don't do this before sitting in the bird - too many times something went wrong and I had to take another flight). Big chaos on the desks, I just turned right after the stairs and went to the next free Immigration desk. Out of the airport after leaving plane in less than 10 minutes. If they do this electric next year, then please like they do it in Singapore
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:23 pm Yea I always travel with extra copies of the Immigration Card and Customs Declaration, fill them out before I even board my flight, have been on a few flights where the crew didn't have them to hand out and then everyone has to get them on arrival to fill in, delaying getting out of the airport.

Where can you get extra forms of immigration card and customs declaration?
You just ask flight attendant for extra? if not, then how can i get some in advance?

also maybe I am getting old but the font size on these forms is unbearable for me to read. It all looks gibbirish after awhile.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Just ask the staff member at the gate or flight attendant on the plane handing them out for a bunch.
YaTingPom
Expatriate
Palestine

Post by YaTingPom »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:36 pm
YaTingPom wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:16 am
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:25 am Another move to force people to buy new phones all the time as more merchants/banks/immigration/ etc etc move to phone apps, the more storage you need to handle all these new apps>
plus how many times have apps not worked ??

How many of us have perfectly good phones, but cant use them cause the new apps wont load on them??

so no app on the phone...denied entry?
You can do it online.
Just ran thru it for Cambodian:
still need a phone to scan ur passport and a phone for ur qr code OR a printer.

what a hassle
it is in no way easier than filing this shit out on the plane.

thailand just made it easy to leave as well ( at least at 1 airport)

You have a camera phone right, what is your major malfunction soldier?

Sounds like you just like to complain so you can slip a "Thailand is better than Cambodia" line in. :cry:
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

Having today spent some time reading all of the limited information available on the quoted site:

http://www.arrival.gov.kh

I suspect that the Cambodian Government/Ministry of Tourism has got this wrong for a number of reasons.

I further suspect that the Cambodian Government/Ministry of Tourism has increased the burden on Incoming Tourists and NOT decreased or simplified entry to Cambodia in any meaningful way.

Thailand and Singapore have gone completely paperless and do not require any online action by arriving tourists from countries with a good compliance with visa conditions and a very low percentage of Visa Overstayers.

Cambodia, on the other hand is proposing to burden the prospective visitor with a heavy online pre-entry/arrival uploading of information and then, only no earlier than seven (7) days prior to arrival.

This could be acceptable for a visitor to Cambodia only coming to Cambodia from their country/place of ordinary domicile/residence and then returning to that location.

But what of a traveler visiting several countries in the region and without the means to scan and upload all of the information that is requires while travelling? Or what about the visitor that takes a side trip from Cambodia to a neighboring country and then returns to Cambodia?

As I currently understand this from the limited information available, is quite possible that this proposed system, as currently proposed, may backfire on Cambodia, because of its heavy reliance on Information Communications Technology, (ICT) not possessed or accessible to many potential tourists, including inter alia, many on multi-country visits, the elderly silver Columbus and well-off retirees and all those who travel without PDAs, Laptops, scanning devices for passports etc. or advanced smart phones etc.

Cambodia is already an increasingly expensive country to visit for those of us that do not come from United States Dollar Countries. This may yet prove to be another straw on the "Camels Back".

Cambodia would be wise to move slowly and cautiously with this proposal and to maintain a dual Paper Based + Online System of Entry if it cannot go directly to the Thai System or similar.

And, nowhere in the information provided to date does it make any mention of a fee to enter Cambodia for each of the Visa Categories listed. Are these now to be abolished? Or do they remain? Or are they to be increased?

There are probably a number of other issues waiting in the wings once the details become clearer on 01 January 2024.

I shall test this system on 24 January 2024.

OML
Khmer_Risotto
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Khmer_Risotto »

Who doesn't have a smart phone in 2024?

And frankly, does Cambodia want a tourist who can't afford a smart phone?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic