End of the road

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Earl of Mercia
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: End of the road

Post by Earl of Mercia »

I think that you may be comparing a clear expletive laden,ad-hominem attack with a political position that can be interpreted in many ways,which is apples and oranges just my twopenn’orth?
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

life
YaTingPom
Expatriate
Palestine

Post by YaTingPom »

Only the tannoy operator can announce something is leaving.

I left TOF because the new Caretaker owner is a bigger cock as the others (although I am fond of Migs) and uses his normal login to attack posters.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

violet wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:11 am As mods, admins, forum owners - definitely the latter and at least one of the team, think it’s offensive to call a poster (friend of at least one of the team) a toxic piece of shit, but don’t think it’s offensive to mislabel me as a Hamas supporter, it’s the end of the road for me on here.

You’ll know where to find me - until its demise.

/out
Hey Violet. Sorry you didn't agree with my modding decision to leave someone else's post up, and edit out just the last part of your entire post name-calling.

I honestly don't think it's fair to think you can join in a discussion about war/conflict in the Middle East, and then also think I should have to delete a post when someone says 'For someone who speaks so highly of the terrorist organization Hamas, you then question the motives Saudi government?'

I thought your reply of 'Nowhere have I supported Hamas and I have more than once made that clear.' was good enough to end it, but if you can't take someone saying that to you given the topic at hand, maybe don't discuss it. I believe you had another random modding request about a week ago, and I was quick to sort it out for you with no fuss at all. Again, I really don't think someone saying you spoke highly of Hamas in a forum discussion about war in the middle east warranted me removing the post. I can't read your mind, but since you know that I was quick to help you sort out something random a week ago, it would kind of seem that you're just trying to cause a commotion where it doesn't seem justified, because if you were truly insulted beyond belief that someone would dare say that you 'speak highly of Hamas' you'd at least reach out privately instead of bidding us farewell and starting a whole topic on it.

So again, appologies if you think the comment deserved a deletion or account ban, but I honestly had no idea anyone would be this upset over someone saying 'you spoke highly of Hamas' on a discussion of war in the Middle East. It's also not the end of the world that you called someone a 'vile piece of shit,' even though you probably knew we don't like name-calling on here, and didn't even give you a ban or a warning, just deleted it out of the end of your post.

I don't expect you to be as tough as New Kid On the Block, who's tougher than a Kampot durian peel, but come on, it's hard to believe you're this bent out of shape over someone saying you spoke highly of Hamas on a Middle East war discussion, especially before even reaching out to me first after you saw that I closed your report.

No worries though, we are allowed to disagree over this.

Here's the post she reported and her reply after I removed 'you vile piece of shit,' for context if anyone wants to make up their own mind:

post614126.html#p614126

post614186.html#p614186

And if people think it was a 'really below the belt comment that should totally be deleted,' I'm all ears, as I really don't see this as some huge deal either way, given the topic at hand.

P.S. Wait, did you happen to study at Harvard University or something, lol? [Dammit, do I have to delete this now too?] The only reason I say this is because you seem to think it's a crime against humanity that someone was allowed to say you've spoken highly of Hamas, meanwhile, it's fucking mainstream in the US of A to come out in support of them, so I guess the post you reported just didn't grab my attention and make me think, 'HOLY FUCK, IS SOMEONE ON THE INTERNET SAYING VIOLET SPOKE HIGHLY OF A TERRORIST ORGANAIZTION THAT OVER HALF OF AMERICANS BETWEEN THE AGE OF 18 TO 24 SUPPORT? OMG, WE HAVE TO GET THIS OFF THE INTERNET AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, THAT'S WAAAAAAY OUT OF LINE!!!!'

So here's two articles that might make you realize why I don't think it's the end of the world that someone said that to you as a reply on that topic.

"Majority of Americans 18-24 think Israel should ‘be ended and given to Hamas’
https://nypost.com/2023/12/16/news/majo ... -to-hamas/

"Our youth are misguided, not evil: They’ve been taught lies about Israel, Hamas"
https://nypost.com/2023/12/14/opinion/o ... ael-hamas/
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

I don't think I will ever understand the mindset that propels a person to state to an anonymous community that they are leaving.

It's pervasive in all online communities, though the gaming communities' do suffer from this the most I think. But, to be fair, forums and social media have their fair share too.

Unless I know you in real life then expect my Give-A-Fuck meter to barely flicker.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic