Jimmy Dore & Tucker Carlson

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Jimmy Doreman & Tucker Carlson

Post by Kenr »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:20 pm
John Bingham wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:08 pm
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:03 pm
Kenr wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:48 pm Why don’t you change the threads heading to the man’s real name, Jimmy Dore, that way people will know who he is. 🙄
Doreman is a cartoon famous in Japan ... play on words.
Well I would have gotten that but the cartoon is called Doraemon.
Play on words … take it or leave it … easy.
So it’s not the man’s real name, it’s not a famous cartoon in Japan, it’s just a play on words with none of the words having any connection. I get it now. Yes, sarcasm, if it wasn’t obvious.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Re: Jimmy Dore & Tucker Carlson

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Just chillin’ on a Sunday … no beef here … ‘crept the Kobe Bryant skewers and brewskis … karaoke time now with my hunny.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:19 pm Really do not care if people agree or disagree with these very divisive issues ... I am glad they even let him talk about it without censoring the crap out of him, there needs to be more open dialogue about the crazy world we live in today, and it's gettin' crazier by the second ... but one thing is clear ... Mr Jimmy Dore has TITANIUM TESTES!

[mod edit- title/name changed to Jimmy Dore as suggested by another member]
I hear what you saying but its not as simple. if you "agree to disagree" about my right to get an abortion or something so personal .. thats not agree to disagree. I don't think that is a fair thing to ask of someone. W/ minor issues of course

Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

BklynBoy wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:32 pm
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:19 pm Really do not care if people agree or disagree with these very divisive issues ... I am glad they even let him talk about it without censoring the crap out of him, there needs to be more open dialogue about the crazy world we live in today, and it's gettin' crazier by the second ... but one thing is clear ... Mr Jimmy Dore has TITANIUM TESTES!

I hear what you saying but its not as simple. if you "agree to disagree" about my right to get an abortion or something so personal .. thats not agree to disagree. I don't think that is a fair thing to ask of someone. W/ minor issues of course

Live your life … I am living mine … say what you feel, do whatever you want … we have that freedom … governments are the problem … not common folk.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

BklynBoy wrote:

The pendulum swung wide on the other end of the abortion debate for a while now.

Abortion was being used as an easy means of contraception, getting it on demand, for free.
Instead of other means and taking personal responsibility before it got to that point.

Being forced to pay for something you may or may not personally agree with, it riled a lot of people.

Just wait, there will be a correction. It will swing back again.

I personally believe if one wants one, it’s a personal choice and one should pay for it.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Like DEVO said in a song … “Freedom of Choice.”
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:20 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:32 pm

Live your life … I am living mine … say what you feel, do whatever you want … we have that freedom … governments are the problem … not common folk.
I agree if all was equal but its not. that is not reality for many people. What about women? live your life? but can't get an abortion or control your own body?? i just think your over simplifying it but wish was the way you expressed
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:43 pm
BklynBoy wrote:

The pendulum swung wide on the other end of the abortion debate for a while now.

Abortion was being used as an easy means of contraception, getting it on demand, for free.
Instead of other means and taking personal responsibility before it got to that point.

Being forced to pay for something you may or may not personally agree with, it riled a lot of people.

Just wait, there will be a correction. It will swing back again.

I personally believe if one wants one, it’s a personal choice and one should pay for it.
its not about paying for it... its about it even being legal. look at what just happened in Texas for example

Regarding getting abortions as a form of birth control.. again, we /you are policing women's bodies. and no responsibilities go to the men. I don't think women are using abortion as a form of birth control-- not in any numbers that would be significant.

like the other guy said. you do what you want. i do what i want.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic