Need Some Help from Tech Geeks

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Need Some Help from Tech Geeks

Post by stevenjb »

I watched this being done on YouTube to an iPhone. The guy put the iPhone in the microwave for 3-seconds. The result, smoke and a dead iPhone.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

stevenjb wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:56 pm I watched this being done on YouTube to an iPhone. The guy put the iPhone in the microwave for 3-seconds. The result, smoke and a dead iPhone.
|t can get a lot worse than that:

Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

International Apple Hotline
Call / WhatsApp:……….. +237699541798
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Could also be dirty or old loosy goosy connection ..
it will say not charging but the % will go up slowly .
I never hardly have chargers go bad
I got about a million new chargers , they came with every new iPad but
I still use the old ones that still do the job

Could never understand why apple chargers are unique ..

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Apple chargers don’t normally go bad. The chips in the charging cables go bad. Or the chips in the OEM copy cables go bad and the phones catch on fire.

If it isn’t the cables, then the connector or the battery. Both need a qualified repair tech to fix.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:08 pm Apple chargers don’t normally go bad. The chips in the charging cables go bad. Or the chips in the OEM copy cables go bad and the phones catch on fire.

If it isn’t the cables, then the connector or the battery. Both need a qualified repair tech to fix.
Sometimes I think these scumbags engineer their wares this way … cause most people are easily fooled into being little robots and good consumers … buy a new one … easy fix … phooey!!!
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:08 pm Apple chargers don’t normally go bad. The chips in the charging cables go bad. Or the chips in the OEM copy cables go bad and the phones catch on fire.

Mistreatment, misunderstanding play a huge part.

I have several lightning cables (OEM) that still function fine after 3-4years of international travel and use. That’s daily charging, including occasionally dropping stuff still attached. iPads and iPhones.
The family are able to trash a brand new cable in 6 months or less, by repeated tugging the cable from anywhere, twisting, bending and exceeding the limits of the sheaf and strain relief.

Of all of my higher wattage chargers, only those that have been permanently used in Cambodia have failed, while all of those used from Canada to South east Asia, and Arctic circle to the equator are still functioning.

The one susceptibility of the lightning cables that I’ve found is burnt out grounding tracks. I think it’s the ground, anyway, but haven’t checked. Look closely, and you’ll see a single dull/brown track.

Nothing lasts forever, but having some mechanical sympathy pays dividends, and often doesn’t really take any longer.
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Freightdog wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:53 pm

Mistreatment, misunderstanding play a huge part.

I have several lightning cables (OEM) that still function fine after 3-4years of international travel and use. That’s daily charging, including occasionally dropping stuff still attached. iPads and iPhones.
The family are able to trash a brand new cable in 6 months or less, by repeated tugging the cable from anywhere, twisting, bending and exceeding the limits of the sheaf and strain relief.

Of all of my higher wattage chargers, only those that have been permanently used in Cambodia have failed, while all of those used from Canada to South east Asia, and Arctic circle to the equator are still functioning.

The one susceptibility of the lightning cables that I’ve found is burnt out grounding tracks. I think it’s the ground, anyway, but haven’t checked. Look closely, and you’ll see a single dull/brown track.

Nothing lasts forever, but having some mechanical sympathy pays dividends, and often doesn’t really take any longer.
Don't get me started ...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic