Pre-marriage workshop

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Earl of Mercia
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Pre-marriage workshop

Post by Earl of Mercia »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:35 pm
Freightdog wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:32 pm
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:12 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:53 pm
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:57 pm I’m at the family compound now … chillin’ … just met the village chief to get proper permission to marry one of his … thumb stamp signatures were involved.

[edit- insert image of shirtless male*]
Have you actually completed the legal application for a Foreigner to Marry a Cambodian Citizen with the MoFAIC and MoI and received the approval to marry letter?
On the list …
You might just be getting a permission slip for an expensive party if you’ve tried to circumvent the ‘system’
Nah ... this is 100 percent legit ... by the numbers ... by the book ... my legal team is involved ... but thanks just the same.
Is your ‘legal team’ the village underbite mongrel pooch,house cat and family’s water buffalo by any chance?
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by Fridaywithmateo »

Earl of Mercia wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:16 am
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:35 pm
Freightdog wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:32 pm
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:12 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:53 pm

Have you actually completed the legal application for a Foreigner to Marry a Cambodian Citizen with the MoFAIC and MoI and received the approval to marry letter?
On the list …
You might just be getting a permission slip for an expensive party if you’ve tried to circumvent the ‘system’
Nah ... this is 100 percent legit ... by the numbers ... by the book ... my legal team is involved ... but thanks just the same.
Is your ‘legal team’ the village underbite mongrel pooch,house cat and family’s water buffalo by any chance?
Hahaha ... nah man ... it's all you cool kats.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:05 pm
Doc67 wrote:I doubt it. He is busy importing a golf club that can reach the moon.
Comments like that belittle the OP’s post and discourage newcomers to share their experiences. Why do it?
I've had this guy pegged for some time.

Unlike you.
..And thank you for your service to keep us safe.
post612586.html#p612586

:bad:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Earl of Mercia wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:13 am
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:57 pm I’m at the family compound now … chillin’ … just met the village chief to get proper permission to marry one of his … thumb stamp signatures were involved.

Without the Pinky Swear it all means nothing!
Maybe it was just a game of Thumb Wars to decide on who gets what.
Spoiler:
She gets the lot
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Doc67 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:19 am

Spoiler:
She gets the lot
No sweat ... I am sort of weird in that I was once told something pretty cool from a monk friend of mine ... Cherish the possibility of the day when you can claim nothing ... a man with nothing has everything. Some weird Zen stuff, but it struck a chord in me. She can have my empire of dirt ... no big whoop.
Earl of Mercia
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Earl of Mercia »

Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:52 am

Spoiler:
She gets the lot
No sweat ... I am sort of weird in that I was once told something pretty cool from a monk friend of mine ... Cherish the possibility of the day when you can claim nothing ... a man with nothing has everything. Some weird Zen stuff, but it struck a chord in me. She can have my empire of dirt ... no big whoop.
This is the core of Buddhism and Buddhist philosophy it is possessions that make you unhappy,as when is it enough of course the answer is never?
Fridaywithmateo
Expatriate
Hungary

Earl of Mercia wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:26 pm
Fridaywithmateo wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:52 am

Spoiler:
She gets the lot
This is the core of Buddhism and Buddhist philosophy it is possessions that make you unhappy,as when is it enough of course the answer is never?
Agree
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic