Hiring someone to communicate with MOEYS in Cambodia

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
amea
Tourist

Hiring someone to communicate with MOEYS in Cambodia

Post by amea »

Hello,

I am a recent addition to our organization, an international non-governmental organization, and I am enthusiastic about furthering my education by pursuing a PhD. I have been informed that some of my colleagues are currently enrolled in PhD programs at IIC University. However, I am inquiring about the accreditation status of IIC University's PhD program. Given my relatively recent entry into this environment, I lack complete understanding of the specific requirements.

I've received conflicting information regarding the necessity of obtaining a specific approval document (Prakas) from the Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sport (MOEYS) for enrollment in the PhD program at IIC. Regrettably, my limited knowledge of the Khmer language poses a significant challenge in my quest for accurate details. If you possess any insights or can facilitate connections with individuals at MOEYS who can assist me in this regard, I would be immensely grateful, you can send me your proposal at [email protected].

Your time and assistance are highly valued and appreciated.

Warm regards,
Amea
Earl of Mercia
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Hiring someone to communicate with MOEYS in Cambodia

Post by Earl of Mercia »

Just what Cambodia needs another NGO! :facepalm:
RedBull
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RedBull »

No answer to your question but I've helped a Thai university student with her "homework" once.

I forgot the topic but I basically had to write an essay. I didn't use internet, books or other sources. It was comparable to a grade 8 assignment from my western high school.

Her assignment got rejected by her professor because it was above her level so he assumed that she had cheated.

Anyway, my point, maybe ask yourself if you even want to study at one of these universities, and if your paper will have any value in a different country.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I’ve never heard of PhD programs offered by any Cambodian university, let alone IIC.

Most Khmer go to Thailand for higher education. Or if they can afford it, Australia.

Most degrees are locally recognized (aka in Thailand or Vietnam), at best. Internationally recognized programs, not so much.

At least to the best of my knowledge.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:33 am I’ve never heard of PhD programs offered by any Cambodian university, let alone IIC.

Most Khmer go to Thailand for higher education. Or if they can afford it, Australia.

Most degrees are locally recognized (aka in Thailand or Vietnam), at best. Internationally recognized programs, not so much.

At least to the best of my knowledge.
Maybe many do but I know of nobody in Cambodia who has studied in Thailand. Australia, France, US, UK, Russia, China, Singapore - yes, but nobody i know studied in Thailand… so I’d be sceptical about the ‘most Khmer’ comment above.

For the OP, it’s extremely difficult to get registered as a non Khmer in a university program. Different universities will have differing requirements but one thing RUPP asked for is for a degree certificate from home country notarised by embassy.
British embassy, of course, ‘do not provide this service’. There were other awkward requirements but they were achievable - but this one was a real issue.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:33 am I’ve never heard of PhD programs offered by any Cambodian university, let alone IIC.
There are many universities offering PhD programs in Cambodia. That you have never heard of them is irrelevant considering you have never lived,studied or worked here. :facepalm:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
ceoreg123
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by ceoreg123 »

amea wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:00 am I am a recent addition to our organization, an international non-governmental organization, and I am enthusiastic about furthering my education by pursuing a PhD. I have been informed that some of my colleagues are currently enrolled in PhD programs at IIC University. However, I am inquiring about the accreditation status of IIC University's PhD program.
Why not ask your colleagues then? Sure they can help you better than a stranger on a forum. :dm:
RightSaidFred
Expatriate
Cuba

Post by RightSaidFred »

I know Build Bright has a PhD programme. It is recognised by the ministry in Cambodia but do not know how much it's worth outside Cambodia.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Have you tried simply visiting the school?
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

amea wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:00 am Your time and assistance are highly valued and appreciated.
Funny how warnings are not, although it's often the first bit of knowledge given about a situation ^^
But hey, that's many NGOs in a nutshell.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic