American MICHAEL BERG (AmCham Board Member) Caught on Video Allegedly Trying to Bribe Police in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American MICHAEL BERG (AmCham Board Member) Caught on Video Allegedly Trying to Bribe Police in Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

orichá wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:48 pm Pardon me, but just a general observation...

It never ceases to amaze me how GOSSIP over other people's malapropism, malfeasance, mistakes and misdemeanors can occupy so much thread/headspace...

It's plebian, tedious, dull and leads to no growth, insight or knowledge of any kind . . .

“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people” ... is a quote often attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt...

Yawn... y'all got fuck all to say, hahaha...
That was clever, that last joke of yours. I can see why you would laugh. Plagiarism? If not, well done.

You should be grateful the thread has gone on long enough for you to complete your thesaurical research, malapropismly speaking. There's another one. Wont hear the end of it.

I'm not one to talk of others, but, speaking of malapropism, I think you need to shove your people's apostrophe up the other side of your ess. Malaprosmic, man!
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: American MICHAEL BERG (AmCham Board Member) Caught on Video Allegedly Trying to Bribe Police in Cambodia

Post by phuketrichard »

why is this thread ( 2 years old, brought back to life Tue Apr 11, 2023 and than again nov 9) a big deal or anything new?
Locals always pay bribes, its a way of life in Asia/SE Asia and an accepted practice>

OR
Is it only news cause an American tried to be like a local??
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

pissontheroof wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:41 pm

Jeepers creepers .
I guess you didn’t hear numerous times they don’t make condums in my size
You should try cutting the pinkie finger off some surgical gloves and wrapping an elastic band around the base.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:43 pm
pissontheroof wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:41 pm

Jeepers creepers .
I guess you didn’t hear numerous times they don’t make condums in my size
You should try cutting the pinkie finger off some surgical gloves and wrapping an elastic band around the base.
As I hear people often say …. sadly ……………… those days are over …
although once in a blue moon 🌚 mr. wiggly pops up for about 2 seconds ..

Pissontheroof
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

orichá wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:48 pm Pardon me, but just a general observation...

It never ceases to amaze me how GOSSIP over other people's malapropism, malfeasance, mistakes and misdemeanors can occupy so much thread/headspace...

It's plebian, tedious, dull and leads to no growth, insight or knowledge of any kind . . .

“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people” ... is a quote often attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt...

Yawn... y'all got fuck all to say, hahaha...
So basically two quotes in a post (signature included) claiming the high hand on the virtue of independant thinking ^^
I like a self-virtue paradox on a resting day, i put it on a shelf then i look at it like a piece of art made of recycled garbage, not that it has any sort of value whatsoever, but hey, got to appreciate the effort !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic