Animal exploitation in asia (was- Anyone recognise?)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
JulesT60
Tourist
Great Britain

Re: Animal exploitation in asia (was- Anyone recognise?)

Post by JulesT60 »

I dont think I need to answer the question re "to what end " do I really ,he needs to be stopped ,he is a monster ,he is making those animals suffer for the sake of likes ,subscriptions ,he doesnt give a damn about those animals ,the more views ,likes etc he gets the more money he rakes in .I dont give a toss how much money he makes but when he is doing it at the expense of someone suffering thats a different matter ,and trust me that is whats happening here ,they are suffering .The plot ,ghostwriter is to find where he is and get him shut down with the appropriate authorities and animals taken off him .Fair enough if he wants to make videos thats up to him ,but its not right to sedate them so they are constantly unmoving ,what goes through his head to do that , a few days ago he or someone he knows must have read all the comments from people wising up to the fact that something is seriously wrong ,so he actually threw in a couple of token videos with the dogs actually sitting up and more alert ,that didnt last long ,they are back to lying down ,unmoving and half dead .He is lying ,he is not in Thailand (someone phoned him)and hav you seen the amount of people reporting to FB ,Zuckerberg and his merry men do NOTHING
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Ummm … they eat dogs in Cambodia. Cats, too. There’s a dog restaurant in missus’ village.

Kids and adults die of hunger and malnutrition every day.

You wish Cambodia to be a western county with well fed people and enhanced social conscience.

Sorry to stir the pot.
JulesT60
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by JulesT60 »

To be perfectly honest I dont care whether the people in Cambodia are well fed or not ,alls I care about is people being EVIL SH$TS to defenceless animals , [edit- let’s keep the random accusations under control, please] like you ,just stirring the pot
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Well, apart from a personal complaint at the police station (with name and photo of the guy), i don't know what you could do.

There's no Facebook avenger squad, and people here have bigger fishes to fry, except animal rights activists, if they're of any help, which i'm not sure about, in this case.

It's a good thing to feel upset about it, because what you describe seems so (i don't have Fb), but maybe you're a tad early for the country, there is heavier stuff to be concerned about.

Maybe the guy is a meth-head ? That could explain some of his weird video and the animal abuse tendency.

Or not. Still a lot of crazies around, for deep disturbing reasons.

If you are living in the area, you probably noticed that gruesome stuff happens quite often, between humans (you don't care, i know ^^).

If the whole thing is true, i wish you can stop him. That would be a good thing.
Then you'll find more stuff to whistleblow about, like, a lot...
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

newkidontheblock wrote:
You wish Cambodia to be a western county with well fed people and enhanced social conscience.
Western countries are not known for well fed people, unless you take into account the obese adults and children who are malnourished due to poor eating patterns and the convenience food industry - then they are, well... , fed.

newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

stevenjb wrote:
newkidontheblock wrote:
Western countries are not known for well fed people, unless you take into account the obese adults and children who are malnourished due to poor eating patterns and the convenience food industry - then they are, well... , fed.
Missus’ older sister cooks for 20 people every meal. She stretches the out a pot of rice and dried fish to feed them all. Children are treated like property to be taken care of or thrown away.

Here in the US, they keep schools open during holidays and weekends and just to feed kids breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Every citizen who makes below a certain income gets food stamps and a cell phone.

Cambodia has much bigger concerns than animal abuse, unfortunately.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

JulesT60 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:57 pm I dont think I need to answer the question re "to what end " do I really ,he needs to be stopped ,he is a monster ,he is making those animals suffer for the sake of likes ,subscriptions ,he doesnt give a damn about those animals ,the more views ,likes etc he gets the more money he rakes in .I dont give a toss how much money he makes but when he is doing it at the expense of someone suffering thats a different matter ,and trust me that is whats happening here ,they are suffering .The plot ,ghostwriter is to find where he is and get him shut down with the appropriate authorities and animals taken off him .Fair enough if he wants to make videos thats up to him ,but its not right to sedate them so they are constantly unmoving ,what goes through his head to do that , a few days ago he or someone he knows must have read all the comments from people wising up to the fact that something is seriously wrong ,so he actually threw in a couple of token videos with the dogs actually sitting up and more alert ,that didnt last long ,they are back to lying down ,unmoving and half dead .He is lying ,he is not in Thailand (someone phoned him)and hav you seen the amount of people reporting to FB ,Zuckerberg and his merry men do NOTHING
Well to say it quite bluntly, if you cannot even get a woke Silicon Valley company such as Facebook to shut him down (apparently he's still having an active account there, correct?), there's no hope that you can get the authorities of whatever country he lives in (Vietnam would be my guess?) to take any action.
JulesT60
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by JulesT60 »

Thanks Ghostwriter
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

JulesT60 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:38 pm Thanks Ghostwriter
If you want to help, you need a method.
If you want to find a method, you need to take things with calm.
If you want calm, you need to let go the emotional side of it, by studying more closely what is troubling in the area.

You might find out that between two innocent groups of beings, the condition of kids is more revolting than the animal condition.

And there is the priority, if you want one.
Without involving emotions too much, with a method, and credible local partners, tracability, and crosschecks.

I'm sure some posters can point initiatives needing support one way or another, if you want to.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic