The Pub

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
PERUANA
Expatriate

Re: The Pub

Post by PERUANA »

PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW THE CONTACT NUMBER OR EMAIL OF CAMBODIAN MIGRATIONS PLEASE SINCE I HAVE TWO RELATIVES THERE AND I HAVE NO WAY TO COMMUNICATE TO BE ABLE TO CHECK YOUR AIR TICKET, I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR PROMPT HELP THANK YOU.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Calm down.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Freebirdzz
Expatriate

Post by Freebirdzz »

Wait, was the announced "closing" of the Pub just a ploy to drum up business during a slow month "Come visit the Pub for the last time ever and say goodbye!" when they knew all along they were just changing the name?

Anyway, I like the new name. When I think of a bar in Phnom Penh that serves drunken expat loners at 2 a.m. just a few steps from a well known red light district, I think of Family.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Anyway, I like the new name. When I think of a bar in Phnom Penh that serves drunken expat loners at 2 a.m. just a few steps from a well known red light district, I think of Family.

I thought the exact same thing! 😅🤣😂
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Post by angsta »

Freebirdzz wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:27 pm

It's open at 2.00am? I had no idea. Cool :thumb:
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Family? What kind of family?

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Freebirdzz wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:27 pm Wait, was the announced "closing" of the Pub just a ploy to drum up business during a slow month "Come visit the Pub for the last time ever and say goodbye!" when they knew all along they were just changing the name?

post603539.html#p603539
and it will get a bump as people who like it might visit again while they can. Perhaps a marketing ploy?

Nostrafuckingdamus
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

Cooldude wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:18 pm Same owners. Same location. Same everything. They changed the name from The Pub to The Family Pub.
Definition of insanity: Doing the exact same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.
No.
The ownership structure has changed but the same family are running it.
Also there were issues with the lease and the tax office, thus a new name was required.
Otherwise all same same, Mol and Navie and the family still run it like the did before.
The Sunday half Chicken roast is still incredible value
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

im going to miss going there because i never went
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:32 pm
Doc67 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:17 pm You can get reasonable fish and chips at Lonestar on Friday for $5 inc a beer. Proper batter, not that breadcrumbed nonsense.
I haven't been in there in many years, is it still on that odd street off 172? They used to have good food. What else have they got? Tacos, sandwiches?
Yeah St 23 or 123, either way, it's odd. Evidently, the $5 beer with free fish and chips is understanding.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic