Ho chi Minh by bus

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Ho chi Minh by bus

Post by HappyChappy »

I'm going on holiday but I don't have a date decided for my return, does anyone have experience with this? Will they ask to see my return bus ticket?

Thanks in advance.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Ho chi Minh by bus

Post by Alex »

No, usually the bus staff takes care of immigration on the Vietnamese side in batch anyway. There's no interaction with Vietnamese immigration officers.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

If you are looking to enter on the visa-exemption, the Vietnamese immigration guy stamping the passports for everyone on the bus will probably ask the bus staff to ask you how long you will be staying for, that's what has happened last three times I have crossed
Earl of Mercia
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Earl of Mercia »

Isn't by boat a better way to go to HCMC,then head back up the Mekong pretending you're Martin Sheen in Apocalypse Now? ;-) :plus1:
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

HappyChappy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:37 pm I'm going on holiday but I don't have a date decided for my return, does anyone have experience with this? Will they ask to see my return bus ticket?

Thanks in advance.
I am also planning a trip to VN end november, keep me updated please how it worked outr for you? Was thinking to go to Vung Tau for 1 or 2 weeks and relax on the beach !!
For exchanging i always go to the corner from 136 STREET and central marked, next to ABA bank, he changes anything at o good rate !!
Flexxman
Expatriate

Post by Flexxman »

Planning a mid-November Vietnam trip, and was pleasantly surprised about current domestic flight prices. Purchasing a flight from Phu Quoc returning back to Saigon was not even EUR 35 on the Vietnam Airlines website earlier today for my travel date EoM.
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

Domestic prices in Vietnam are some of the cheapest on the planet. Not always timely though. Do NOT make any must do plans at the other end.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic